Light-O-Rama Forums

how early is to early to decorate ?

bostonchris81

So when does everyone on here start decorating for halloween ? 

When exactly is the right time for halloween ? this will be my first time doing a halloween display .

I don't want to be "that neighbor " lol

I try to wait till Oct 1st. I have a fairly large display and only run Halloween for the last two weeks of the month. Lots of prep has been happening but nothing hung or staked in the yard.  Once Halloween is going I start putting up Christmas, lights in big trees, back of house... as their is only a month before my Christmas show powers up.

I start putting things out around Oct 1st, I only run the last 15 days or so of October, the nice part about having a Halloween show is you can sneak some Christmas lights up as well :D

holy crap Jim do you really start with xmas stuff in a few weeks ???

yeah i think I will wait till oct 1st to start putting props out

Halloween..... Heck I start next weekend putting up Christmas!

Same here. Since it's only me setting up things on the roof. I have to get the roof done before the frost/snow comes.

How early is too early? Depends on how large your setup is & how much help you have. 

88764CF8-B715-4CD1-90A5-269E8BA84DFA_zps

First piece, definitely no sneaking this sucker out lol. Wife wants to light to Halloween show on the 3rd so I have stated putting it up. I mostly do it myself so I need like a week plus testing. I only run RGB floods on the house during Halloween so once the Halloween lights are one I will install all the lights, window frames and wire up the whole house for Christmas. Being on Massachusetts I can't risk not having the roof done just in case we get an early snow storm.

The first weekend in October I start putting up Christmas decorations.  Starts with house/roof then the yard.

Happy Halloween!  Ho Ho Ho!

Wow great pumpkin arch.  I know as soon as you start setting up folks expect the display to be lit.  This year marks 25 years of decorating for me.  I have always turned my Christmas display on Dec1st.  If you can be consistent year over year visitors will be prompted to show up on your reveal night.  Its been fun the past few years I always get a ton of traffic the first night. 

• 2 weeks later...

I also started preparing this past weekend.  I have to have surgery in mid November, so I have to get everything that's hard (most of my display) up by Nov. 16th.  My neighbors will forgive me.  I typically do a flyer in their mailbox stating my reveal night, hours, what to do if traffic, lights or noise is bothersome.  It makes for good neighbors.

Because there is Just me doing most of the work on the Ranch, I start my Christmas Display at the end of August. I just don't light it up til Thanks Giving... Unless you happen to come home from the Bar @ 2am... then you might Catch me running the system for Color Checks, Sequence Checks and What I Cal PFU's.... Programming "F" ups.  LOL :D

I also started preparing this past weekend.  I have to have surgery in mid November, so I have to get everything that's hard (most of my display) up by Nov. 16th.  My neighbors will forgive me.  I typically do a flyer in their mailbox stating my reveal night, hours, what to do if traffic, lights or noise is bothersome.  It makes for good neighbors.

What kind of action do you recommend the neighbors do for bothersome traffic, noise etc. This is my first year and I am a little concerned what the traffic is going to do in my neighborhood and to my neighbors.

Thanks, Keith

I started putting rope light channels/tracks around my windows today. My first time doing it so I figured I should start early. Won't light up till after thanksgiving.