Light-O-Rama Forums

Can someone explain the RESOLUTION box in CCR

bob_moody

The resolution box offers choices of 50,25,17,16,10,5,2,1

If CCR's always have to be 50 then what is the point of the remaining options since they only apply to a master config?

If you select say 25 and try to start the simulator it tells you (of course) that the string isn't exactly 50.

I thought, obviously incorrectly, that you could for example have a string that is 81 pixels ...

1 controller - 50 pixels

1 controller - 25 pixels

1 controller - 5 pixels

1 controller - 1 pixel

I'm actually running DMX.

I create the viz, program in SuperStar, Export from SS, Strip out the Macros (pgm I wrote last year) and insert BOTH SS output and DMX into the sequence so I can view it in the visualizer. Once all is good, I strip out the CCR data leaving only the DMX and put that on my show pc.

Worked great last year on my new pixel tree .. then I realized it worked because each of the 12 strings was 50 pixels.

So... what is the resolution box for?

Is my only real option to scrap what I have and create the roof line 1 pixel at a time .. and the 3 window frames (32,22,22 pixels each) and the 5 Bellagio poles (25 pixels each) on the porch?

thanks for looking ...

Bob

The resolution box is for Cosmic Color devices.  You can find more information on the resolution in the doc for CCRs/CCPs/CCBs.

If you are using DMX, why are you using CCRs and not PIxel Universe fixtures?

The resolution is very useful !   I use it a lot.   If you want all 50 pixels to flash at once,  set resolution to 1 (all 50 controlled by first pixel) then set the color for pixel 1. 

4 of my CCRs have resolution of 1 set in HWU.  This means when the resolution channel 151 is zero, to use the setting of 1. 

That is nice use...I now see I like to do things the hard way.

I would leave resolution of 50 then go change 151 to 1.

Your way much easier....