Light-O-Rama Forums

Color selection for RGB channels?

seriouslylosingit

I kind of feel like an idiot even asking this question, but that is how I learn, I guess. I have figured out how to add RGB channels below my existing channels for my sequences. However, I have not found an easy way to select colors.

I have been highlighting the rows with one of the three colors, or two of the three rows to create a color other than red green or blue. There has got to be an easier way?

Is there a way that I can just assign a color like pink, or orange to a specific RGB Channel and or a specific part of a sequence?

There may be a place that instructs me how to do this, but each time I start looking through the forums, I wind up with a four-year-old and a six-year-old trying to reenact something from the WWF. This significantly has impacted my ability to thoroughly read all of the posts.

I apologize if there is something out there that is obvious like a bright neon sign and I have completely missed it.

Thank you in advance for any help. Short of actually setting up a wrestling ring, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep my kids under control long enough to get a show set up. At least my wrestling ring would be well lit. LOL!!!

Edited by seriouslylosingit

It's called the colour fade tool. You can pick solid colours or fade from one colour to another and last fade from on/off to any colour.

Light o Rama has a video tutorial on their YouTube page. Called effects tool and colour fade

Their is when you doing a sequence you use the color fade tool  to pick out a color , look in tool bar for color fade tool, only works with RGB

I expanded a bunch of sequences this year by copy/pasting effects from shared sequences, into RGB channels.  

Obvious, they defaulted to red.  I found I simply couldn't hightlight a rgb row and do the color fade on it...the red would just turn off.  I had to change the color from red to white and then could do a color fade change.  To get to white, I expanded the 3 rgb colors and copied the red channel, to the green and blue ones.

The color fade on existing rgb rows kinda works...kinda doesn't and has been fustrating using it until I figured out it's limitations.  The color fade if adding new effects works just as you would expect.

I expanded a bunch of sequences this year by copy/pasting effects from shared sequences, into RGB channels.  

Obvious, they defaulted to red.  I found I simply couldn't hightlight a rgb row and do the color fade on it...the red would just turn off.  I had to change the color from red to white and then could do a color fade change.  To get to white, I expanded the 3 rgb colors and copied the red channel, to the green and blue ones.

The color fade on existing rgb rows kinda works...kinda doesn't and has been fustrating using it until I figured out it's limitations.  The color fade if adding new effects works just as you would expect.

That's not the way it's supposed to work.  It sounds to me like you might have had the "Foreground Effects" tool turned on.  In any case, if you can make this happen, please send an email to me (bob@lightorama.com) with the following information:

(1) Your forum username

(2) This thread's URL, which is:

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/37016-color-selection-for-rgb-channels/

(3) A sample sequence that you can cause it to happen on

(4) Exact instructions for how I should set up the Color Fade tool and what channel/time range I should apply it to in order to see the problem occur.

Thanks.

With "foreground" mode off and selecting one element, the color fade works fine.   
T
The issue is if you want to select a range of elements either within a row or across multiple rows or both. The selected elements plus all the "off" elements in between get color changed.  

If you turn on foreground mode, just the elements get changed but what color they get changed is a crap shoot. It basically combines the color fade you have selected with the existing colors of the selected elements you want to change.

bob, if you still want me to do so, I can write up a senerio and send it to you.

Mike

• Like 1