Light-O-Rama Forums

HELP! Running show right now and having some problems

vsnsound

I hope someone can help me.
Im using LOR I 1.6.3

Im running a non musical sequence and then when it ends at a time I tell it I strat the musical sequence with 4 songs in it at a time I say.

Example:
7:00 till 7:59 the non music sequence starts
8:00 till 8:06:21 the music sequence runs.
8:07 the non music one runs
And from there every hous 3 times a night.

Ok, My problem.....
The non music sequence stops at the right time. The Music sequence begins at the right time. The music sequence plays 2 songs and the lights stop working. Then after the music sequence time ends and the non music one should start IT dosent restart. I have to Unload show and enable show and the non music one comes on where its suppose to.

Please could you help. I was running this show for a crowd and this happened. I had to go in and run each song seperatly.

Thank you all.
Jay

You might want to go to the light-o-Rama website under support and download the 1.6.15 update, and see if that resolves your problem. Sounds like your having the same problem I had and others did. Only difference is my show only consisted of musical sequences.

Good luck

this may or not help, My first year too, restart your computer and see if your changes take affect. Your problem may be that simple, it is worth a shot

scott

scottsgrfx wrote:

You might want to go to the light-o-Rama website under support and download the 1.6.15 update, and see if that resolves your problem. Sounds like your having the same problem I had and others did. Only difference is my show only consisted of musical sequences.

Good luck

I agree with Scottgrfx

I go for reboot as well. As a general guideline, anytime I have made changes to sequences (including audio) or surfed the web a lot or have run another non Microsoft application, I reboot prior to the show.

This may like overkill but it has worked for me, I too have been there with people standing outside waiting for the show and run into snags.

I also have two guiding rules:

1 - Back up everything, as I change sequences and shows I version them. I can always go back to what used to work.

2 - If I change a sequence or show, I copy the the show to a "test name" add the test show to the scheduler to run at least two hours before the public show and let it run through 6 cycles. This is my test that everything works.

3 - My show runs from 6pm to 11 pm, therefore no changes to anything including PC and no surfing the net two hours prior to show. This provides time to recover if the test show fails. Remember with software and hardware, there is no thing a a little change. This comes from a former programmer.

Good luck

Lee

Downloading the updated version did the trick!
Show went off GREAT!
Thank you all for the advice and help.
Now to work on next years show :)