Light-O-Rama Forums

projector

kingfish

went to my favorite thrift store today and picked up a Dukane image pro 8020. brought it home did a little research and even though the are out of production you can still get bulbs for them. retail on this puppy was 8500.00 i got it for 25.00 . so i cant lose will this work for projecting halloween and xmas stuff. anyone know where i can go to get info on how to do it   or any other info i should know.   

it is 500 lumens and it works

that was my understanding after a little research. i just hooked it up tonight found a free download at dusk   7 30 i could see it at dark 8 00 i was impressed i walked out to the end of my adjoining parking lot about 200 feet and it was better than i thought at 100 wich most people watch my lights i was impressed , i was just projecting on a shower liner from behind it and the contrast is amazing. i can see backyard movies next year

Glad to hear it worked out for you during testing.

Don't forget that unless you are using an unlit area of your display, that when your lights are on, they may wash out the projected images...

Don't use that projector but a small one that I use works just fine, but like was said, I don't use any bright lights around the window is shows from. If you cant use that way because it gets washed out. you can always use it do give faces to pumpkins or frosty the snowman.

You really need to aim for 2500 lumens, if your desired image is large. If it's only a small window sized projection, you can certainly get away with less.

• 4 weeks later...

I use an Epson Powerlite S1. Model V11H161020. It is rated at 1400 lumens and 500:1 contrast.  My window is 6foot by 5foot.  My screen is a white sheet (low thread count) stretched on a homemade 2x4 frame. The frame fits in the window from the inside and I rear project from the inside filling the screen completely with overage (4:3 vs.widescreen) on the inside of the house.  Point is that the lumens are perfect for that projection of the Virtual Santa and Halloween stuff.  Today on ebay, I found the same projector for under $35 plus shipping.  Just make sure you are able to connect to the projector.  No HDMI input (old style serial)