Light-O-Rama Forums

Nightly forum outage

ItsMeBobO

Central time  Midnight to 12:30    Its not slow.. its dead.    12:30 to 12:40 its slow.

WaitingForLORforum.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Bob o -

K6cc and myself have voiced this before a few times. 10 pm to 11 pm, here in California, you might as well not try to open the forum. All other connections are fine.

Yep, I brought this up maybe a year or so ago. The answer was that their hosting company was most likely doing a backup or something and LOR had no control of it. I agree that since then, it has gotten worse and often the forum is unreachable starting right at 10:00 PM Pacific time. Since I REALLY should be shutting down and getting to bed on work nights about then, it does remind me to get off the computer....

Jim is right. The forums are hosted by a 3rd party that seems to do backups, etc., at that time.

Unless LOR changes hosting providers, upgrades hosting plans, or whatever, I'm not sure it's going to get any better anytime soon.

Seriously?  Accepting this bad service so passively?    This is a paid service right?  Not free hosting?    There is no way in the world that I would accept that and roll over even for my lowly sites. 

• Like 1

Seriously?  Accepting this bad service so passively?    This is a paid service right?  Not free hosting?    There is no way in the world that I would accept that and roll over even for my lowly sites. 

I've lost count how many times I've offered to help. I feel the same way you do.

I have had seen this. The other night it wouldn't work then when I tried later it was slow.

When I first opened this thread, I thought it must be something different, because of the times, but I forgot the time difference. It would have been evening, which was when it was slow for me.

• 2 months later...

10pm{2200 hours} Pacific Time in California is 7pm{1900 hours} in the time zone in my area in Florida.

Sso I have gotten that same error page not only at or around 7pm{1900}, I have actually gotten throughout the daylight hours too, 7am{0700}, noon{1200}, 1pm{1300}, etc.    And sometimes the forum may come up, then go right back down with that error page, then it'll work, sometimes normally, usually slower than trying to get ketchup/catsup out of a bottle.    Very frustrating indeed.

If I was "paying" for a service and this kept happening, I'd be demanding a refund of my money, not to mention either looking for a new hosting service or if I had the resources and means I'd write my own forum software!  And LOR I would think would be able to accomplish this, since they do have a very knowledgeable computer staff!

Edited by Orville

10pm{2200 hours} Pacific Time in California is 7pm{1900 hours} in the time zone in my area in Florida.

10pm pacific is 1am eastern.

10pm pacific is 1am eastern.

Darn, you're right Don.   I seem to always get that one confused with who's the one that's behind. :blink:     

Guess I should've had another cup of coffee or two to get my brain functioning this morning before I posted that.  :P  :lol: 

BTW: just added a second clock for Pacific{California} time zone.   Next time I'll look at it first, that is, if I remember too go look at it!  :wacko: 

• The topic was locked