Light-O-Rama Forums

Mounting CCBs on the outline of a house

BrianBruderer

I want to put CCBs or "Dumb Ribbons" on the outline of my house. Since it is a brick house I need to mount the lights to brick. How do people generally attach lights to brick? Only thing I can think of is to zip tie the lights to PVC pipe or similar and then drill holes in the brick with a masonry bit and use masonry bolts to attach the PVC pipe to the brick.

I remember some threads on a forum somewhere talking about this. If you Google Brick Clips, you will see products that clamp onto the brick, then you can secure the lights to it.

I want to put CCBs or "Dumb Ribbons" on the outline of my house. Since it is a brick house I need to mount the lights to brick. How do people generally attach lights to brick? Only thing I can think of is to zip tie the lights to PVC pipe or similar and then drill holes in the brick with a masonry bit and use masonry bolts to attach the PVC pipe to the brick.

Sounds like a plan to me...

The only other way I've seen somewhat successful is to still use the pvc pipe.

But hang it down from the 1x2 wooden strip at the top of the bricks with bailing wire or such. That way it's low enough to be seen from street, but you're not drilling up the bricks.

I haven't outlined my house that way yet. I still have LED C-9s & icicles from shingles. The items that are mounted on the bricks, I have reddish bricks and so I used bronze-ish hammer-in anchors. I just leave them in year-round. Unless I point them out, nobody sees them or cares...

Lowes carry a brick clip by the Hillman brick and block company. I have used them inside the house to hang items over the fireplace. They worked great. Never gave it a thought to use them outside to hang lights from. I think they might work fine.

I mount all my lights on 1x2x12ft long  paint to match house , I put eye hook on one end and one concrete screw on other end,  in house I put one hook mounted to house  hang strip in hook raise other end up and put in the concrete screw I use this for vertical and horizontal strips makes it and one man job.

I have also seen hot glue used to stick light sockets to brick.  Seemed to come off easily when ready to take down.  There should be a youTube video about it.

Here are links to two of the videos about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR6BDQ80Vms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA6lFPb0Gr8

Edited by tomsusie

Just a thought, concrete anchors that are close to the same color as the bricks?

Also didn't you mount CCRs to the front of your house?

-Chris

Those I mounted to the wood eaves at the top and just let them hang down. I only had them up temporarily to take a video.

I must confess that I really asked this question because I have had customers ask me about it. I do not plan on putting lights on the outline of my house. All I have time to do is set up my superstar display and this year I am going to put up 8 mini-trees that are sequenced using the "wrapped tree" feature in superstar.

Wondered about that. You have a lot on your plate at this time. Lol. I did outline my windows and doors using 1x2's and use dumb rgb's. Now that I have apixicon 16,I was thinking about changing to smart pixels for those props. I also used the alumn. channels by Holodaycoro to set the rgb's. Keeps them straight and easy to use.

Holiday Coro sells 1/2 pvc clips which are excellent. I painted mine to match the trim they are attached to and you can hardly tell they are there. I see no reason why they couldn't be painted to match brick. with the cheap plastic anchors in "brick color" the clips could easily be removed and re installed as needed. ....just another thought.