Light-O-Rama Forums

Lag while saving or adding channels to existing sequence

BMurray

Is it normal to have lag when adding channels or devices with large channel counts. I am doing a sequence with 64 LOR channels and 33 DMX universes. When I add a channel or devise or make an edit even as simple as changing a channel name It takes about 3-4 seconds for there to be a response to my input. When I save my work it takes 4-5 seconds.  At the top of the screen at the LOR title and Sequence title I get a "Not Responding" Its driving me crazy. Thank YOU for any help. 

Edited by BMurray

34 DMX universes is a lot of channels.  I think the time it is taking would be normal and not a concern.  The "Not Responding" just means the computer is taking a while to process that large of a channel count.  The only thing I can think of that might help in speed is to turn off any unnecessary programs running in the background on your computer.  A lot also depends on the specs of your computer too.

I think that is more dependent on your computer's capability than the software itself. It is creating a file(s) and that process is totally based upon your machine's capability such as available ram memory, CPU and architecture speed. If you haven't defragged your hard drive in a long time, you might want to do that too.