Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange Problem Tonight - Anyone know what happened?

bhays

When I came home tonight, I noticed that about half of my channels weren't working. So I disabled shows, and ran the hardware utility. Each time I scanned the network I would see different controllers, sometimes it would find them all, but could only tell the firmware version on half of them, etc.

Narrowed the problem down pretty quickly to a cat5 cable running across the driveway that was bad. I swapped it out and this solved the problem, all controllers came up just fine, etc.

Opened sequence editor, played a sequence just fine and all channels worked correctly.

Shut down sequence editor and enabled shows. Status showed enabled and playing my normal show, but nothing happened. Clicked on disable shows and it refused to comply. Trying to run hardware utility would show comm4 in use. (USB485b)

I did all of the following:

1) Deleted all sequences from the show, saved it empty, then added them all back in and saved it again.

2) Deleted the show from the scheduler and added it back.

Each time, same result, enable shows, status showed playing but nothing happened.

After five or so reboots with 12 - 15 cars in the street waiting and a news crew outside, I gave up and asked a friend who was visiting to sit at the computer and run sequences using sequence editor until I could get the news people taken care of, etc.

Came in after about 30 minutes, closed sequence editor and clicked enable shows and off we go like normal.

Can anyone tell me what was going on? It's working fine now, but I don't really want to go down that road again.

This is something that hasn't happened to me, however I have noticed that there is something running in the system tray called LOR Tray. Sometimes when I find a hang up in the LOR system, I kill the LOR Tray, which will close the Control Panel as well. I then restart and then restart the Control Panel. Things seem to go back to normal once I do that. I don't remember the LOR Tray with LOR I, but then again I also don't remember looking for it.

This doesn't really answer you question because I don't really know why it happened, but never the less I guess its a work around.

Maybe somebody from LOR can explain what the LOR Tray actually does?

Greg

The process was never ended. I have noticed it happen to me. It ALWAYS worked after a reboot though. But that was when I was loading and unloading and starting and unloading alot at the beginning of ever using it.

Knock on wood- it has been up without fail and run like a champ now since the first night the show was started without stopping it or rebooting.

What version of the Gamma are you running?

There has been problem reported that have been fixed in the most recent version dealing with syncing the network when a show is loaded.

1. If it is running I would leave it alone.

2. IF not the most recent version and keep having problems, install the most recent version.

Chuck

cmoore60 wrote:

What version of the Gamma are you running?

There has been problem reported that have been fixed in the most recent version dealing with syncing the network when a show is loaded.

1. If it is running I would leave it alone.

2. IF not the most recent version and keep having problems, install the most recent version.

Chuck

It's the most recent version...seems to be working for now. Tell you after 6:00pm tonight when it either starts up or doesn't