Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking to add fire to halloween display that i can sink to LOR

jasoncampbell83

Looking to add fire to my display or fake fire that I can plug in to my L-O-R that I can synchronize. Kinda like something that I can outline my yard with. Kinda like a electric tiki torch that looks like its throwing flames that I can program. Anyone with any ideas please help.

You could use multiple $20 foggers. Rig them with a relay to be triggered with LOR. Then surround the nozzle with RGB LEDs.

You probably want the "fire" going up, so you would have to take out the reservoir and reposition it so the fluid doesn't spill.

• Like 1

another way is a fan unit facing upwards on a base, driven off of a channel, or a constant on, on top of the fan have cut silks or light cloth to emulate the movement of the flames and place your LOR controlled light ( red, amber or RGB ) or lights either outside facing upwards or in the midddle/center facing directly upwards. ( try googling "Flame Effect Lamp" and you will find images and even youtube videos on how to build ) . another option is a projector ran off LOR with one of those christmas fireplace or other firey videos.  Just a thought

You could use multiple $20 foggers. Rig them with a relay to be triggered with LOR. Then surround the nozzle with RGB LEDs.
You probably want the "fire" going up, so you would have to take out the reservoir and reposition it so the fluid doesn't spill.

Try a PVC elbow in front of the nozzle turned upwards, just make sure your elbow is a tad bit bigger in diameter than the nozzle.

Only issue with the elbow is heat.

Depending on what fogger you use, and the interval, you will melt the pvc. I find that changing the direction of the fog at the nozzle is the toughest place to do so.

You could get away with an aluminum dryer hose, but you will lose the power of the fog and it won't project as high unless you have a fan to help it out.

And if you take the reservoir out, you could swap it to something larger to lower your frequency of filling.

It sucks filling up foggers every day....