Light-O-Rama Forums

Dancing Waters

Eaglesclaw

How much voltage drop do you get with that?

1 gallon per controller.

1 barrel per yard.

Just be advised, as was noted above, some kids might be tempted to run through the dancing waters.

That video would be for a different topic...

https://youtu.be/3WtghdNLaqo

Where I am at today.Running test with different size nozzles. 8 nozzles are 1/2" and the other 8 are 3/8". All 16 running at the same time. Looks like I need to go with the 3/8" nozzles to get more height. Ran out of time to test with solenoids in place, but leaves me something to do on my next weekend. Still have to work out the lights.

Edited by Eaglesclaw

Looking good.

That is gonna be so cool..

Thanks Pal.  Next weekend cannot get here quick enough.  My weekend is Sunday and Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I couldn't work on my fountain as I had to change the fuel pump in my truck.  1991 so wasn't super easy getting the fuel tank down, but I got it accomplished.  Now onto this weekend.  I finally got the nozzle sizes right to what I would like them to be.  Keep in mind all 16 nozzles are running and once the valves are installed I will most likely get lots more height out of them.  Hopefully not too high, but can control that with sequencing.  Started raining again so put a hamper on getting valves installed.  My enclosures finally arrived so I can work on getting controller and power supply installed and waterproofed. Hopefully tomorrows weather will cooperate and let me work on it more. Maybe even some this afternoon.

Edited by Eaglesclaw

• 2 weeks later...

Running a short test with music from Carol Of The Bells.  Next will be hooking up lights after some tweaking of the nozzles.

Due to freezing weather, I really couldn't do that if I wanted to. But was wondering if you fire the solenoids ahead of the beat, or if they're quick enough on the beat. I ask as looking pretty close on your timings, which is hard to do even without water.

Right now they are with the beat.  I just took the channels already programmed to other lights and set them for this.  I think we will get a better perspective of the timings once I get the lights going.  If they stay in time with the lights then all will be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Well sadly the lights weren't bright enough to light up the water past a few inches.  Hopefully plan B will work.  Bought 4 sets of4 of these:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/271899404999?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.

Expected delivery is Monday Oct. 26.  Will look at using coroplast to build a tube to direct the light upwards.  Have all materials except the lights.  Crossing fingers.  I've spent to much money to quit now.

• The topic was locked