Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LOR

Xmas newbie

Just purchased 8 sets of CC pixels hoping to build a 12ft tree. Thinking now that I might have bit off more than I can chew. Any advice, tips, tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are just doing a tree and no music you have lots of time but start now!!!

Software?

Just bought the S4 software with the CC pixels. Probably should've said that in the beginning. I'd like to do a few sequences with music.

Edited by Xmas newbie

Since you got the CCPs you may want to look at SuperStar as well, it will make the sequencing soooooooooo much easier. There is a Demo version in S4 that you can play with so you can try it out. You don't have to have SS as SE can program them but with 8 CCPs you are looking at 800 pixels and 2400 channels which is a lot of programming in SE.

You can always build your tree and buy sequences for them. I would suggest holidaysequences.com. They have several great sequences for 16 ccr trees and 12 ccr trees which once configured work with ccp's too.

I will definitely look into Superstar and holiday sequences.com. Thank you for responses. I'm so excited to start my new hobby. I've always loved Christmas and now I can have an excuse to talk about it all year.

I used SS and used the ccp tree and the globe that was in SS. People really like the globe. Superstar website also have sequences that you can buy. It can really help in future sequencing if you see how it's done. I haven't upgraded to S4 yet, but will after the Christmas season is over. I personally am great fan of Superstar.

+1 to indi

I would suggest visiting Superstarlights.com. Videos you can see how he built his CCP tree and you copy that or maybe get ideas to build it your own way. You have time, if you start NOW!

As far as the program superstar,,,, indispensable IMO and many others.

Ok I finally got some time to look into Superstar sequencer. Unfortunately, it will not load. Don't know why but everything else in my LOR program runs fine. I've watched a few videos and decided to buy it. But before I do, I'd like to make sure I'm buying exactly what I need. Am I just purchasing an upgrade since I already have an S4 license? It looks like it would make sequencing my CCP easier but I don't wanna spend more than I have to. Thanks

SuperStar is not really an upgrade but more of an add-on. It will definitely make programming that many channels worth the purchase once you learn how to use it.

Superstar is not only for your ccp's. It will replace the sequence editor if you choose to.

Superstar is an add on. It is a seperate sequencer that makes life so much easier. Since adding superstar 2 years ago I have not used the sequence editor for anything except my singing faces.

What do I control with superstar?

Dumb RGB...check

DMX Pixels and strips...check

LOR CCR's....check

LOR RGB floods...check

LOR AC controlled strings....check

You must learn visualizer though. That is how you import your elements and devices. With S4 it is easier than ever as you can create DMX pixels and strips as one element. CCR's and CCP's have always had this feature but now you are not stuck with blocks of 50. You can use 45 or any other value in visualizer if you cut them.

Superstar does take some adjustment. But if you are new to the sequence editor then you haven't been tainted with sequence editor sequencing and superstar will be much easier to learn. Either way...after 2 songs you will be hooked. After that you will progressively get better and better. Sequencing will take 1/3 the time of the sequence editor at a minimum. And you will be doing things you never thought possible....powerful tool.

If superstar wasn't working I would re-install S4. Adding the license will not make it suddenly start working.

Good luck,

Sax