Light-O-Rama Forums

Webhosting - Any interest?

Don

I'll be setting up a hosting package for forum users. It won't be until late this coming weekend though.

Early projections are that it will be a 6 month offer, beginning on 9/1/15, and ending (regardless of when you sign up!) on 2/29/16.

It would seem there is at least some interest in the idea, so I'm going to go ahead and offer it. Ordering should open over this coming weekend. I'll start a new thread with the link, and final details.

Here is the offer: 6 months of web hosting for $20.

What you get: [Again, subject to change prior to offer being posted.]

A 'subdomain' based website. (More below.)

10GB of website storage space

200GB of monthly data transfer.

Access to a library of software that can be installed on your site.

These subdomain accounts do not include any email accounts! You will not be able to have an email address at the domain you choose.

What is a subdomain based site?

A domain name, for example, is lightorama.com. Notice how you have stuff like 'forums' and 'helpdesk' .lightorama.com? Those are subdomains of the main lightorama.com' domain. The hosting service for this offer is subdomain based. You can pick a single name and use it on any 1 of the 5 following domain names.

tourmydisplay.com

visitmydisplay.com

mylights.christmas

mydisplay.christmas

hostedsite.link

Please note: The two .christmas domains and the two "mydisplay" domains can not be used past the 6 month offering. Why? I haven't yet decided what I'm doing with them full time, so as such I'm not offering them full time.

On March 01, 2016, these accounts will be REMOVED FROM THE HOSTING PLATFORM. If you want to retain your data you must make a backup PRIOR to this date.

• 1 month later...

FYI - I'm giving this away for free now. Accounts will still be removed on 03/01/2016 unless you contact me first.

Offer valid only for those on the forum, or who are members of the Synchronized Christmas newsletter or Facebook page. Send me a PM here on the forums if you sign up, as the account won't be activated until you do.

• Like 1