Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase tool on groups

Minh Tuan

I've added rgb pixels to my lor software and added each pixel strip as a group. When i use the chase tool to make a chase on the groups, it chases the individual pixels within that group instead and not the whole groups itself.
Is there a way to make the groups chase instead of the pixels?

I have pixels co-located in groups myself. I don't have any problem chasing whole groups to the next group by insuring the group is not expanded then selecting the start point and dragging through the other groups. Now if I want a specific color, I have to create the first pixel to the color I wish, then un-expand it again, then select the group and drag. You could also do that with a color shift tool, doing the first pixel, un-expand, then drag it through the other groups.

I do exactly what you do but i want the whole pixel string to light up (sorta like a dumb strip) and chase to the next strip. Whats happening is that it actually chases the pixels within the group and then does the same thing for the next strip.

This is an old video  but the program  ClipBoardFlipper works mostly the same.    Create a regular chase and save it.  Open in the program and select Matrix Multiplier

Edited by ItsMeBobO