Light-O-Rama Forums

New to light o Rama

Alan jeffrey

Being new to what I consider an incredible and existing hobby that all my family and others can enjoy, however on the start of my research journey can anyone tell me if light o Rama does a starter pac that will contain enough starter equipment and software to allow me to get my head round the concept and later upgrade.

I would be looking for software, converter , controllers and maybe some lights ..?

Please help

Kindest regards

Alan.

I'm also a newbie trying to figure out what the get, and I'm looking heavily at the Showtime Central kit that comes with one 16-channel controller, the miniDirector, a small FM Transmitter, and the sequencing software.  The lights you'd have to get on your own.

Edited by Jaynee

Beware the Whole Room transmitter.

There are better choices. Actually, any other transmitter sold in the world is a better choice.

This is the one i use, if you do buy an fm transmitter like this remember to check if its legal in your area and to use it on the low power setting.

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-AX-05B-Broadcast-Transmitter-Fashion/dp/B0096KY9YS/ref=pd_sim_23_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=01SPAZ4MJRNRFKRH0S6S

Alan. I am also in the uk and started with LOR three years ago. This year will be my 4th season. Are you using 240 volt or 110? Are you getting the controllers and kit shipped to the uk and where abouts are you located in the uk

Tony

Yeah, after doing a bit more reading I've decided to go with the second link - and get my own FM Transmitter elsewhere.  I REALLY want to get a 2nd 16-channel controller, but my husband put his foot down and said, "you can get it next year."  Bah humbug!!!

Yeah, after doing a bit more reading I've decided to go with the second link - and get my own FM Transmitter elsewhere.  I REALLY want to get a 2nd 16-channel controller, but my husband put his foot down and said, "you can get it next year."  Bah humbug!!!

Well you do know that the controllers are on sale right now, you won't get a better deal until next year.

Well you do know that the controllers are on sale right now, you won't get a better deal until next year.

I know.  That's why I wanted to go ahead and pick up another 16 channels.  But the husband wants to wait and spread out the $$ a bit.  That's fine with me, since we're not planning on using it until the 2016 display.  

From personal experience, once you get your controller & software you will NOT want to wait until 2016.  You'll be too excited about what you can do and will want to do something this year, even if it's on the small side.  You know best if you can do the second controller now; but if there is anyway you can I would highly suggest doing so.  You won't be disappointed IMHO. Have fun!