Light-O-Rama Forums

Building my RGB features. What wires?

Klayfish

Not all the sandevices boards always come with a test pattern enabled. Also Remember you have to have the pixels plugged into the correct port for pixel type. They come pre set with different types on different ports

No, they're 3 wire.  The problem was what 1983ss454 said, I had it plugged into the wrong port.  I'm using a 2811 strip, and the manual says to plug it into 3-1, I had it in 1-1.  So that works. 

Now I want to connect it to my computer and run SS.  How should that look?  I don't just run the Ethernet cable from my computer to the E682, right?

Making slow but steady progress...

Fixed the IP address to match my computer.  The strip is now lit up, I am on the webpage for the controller and am able to get it to run all the test patterns.  But now I'm scratching my head on how to get it to run my sequences I made in SS.  I'm sure it has something to do with the Output section.  I've read the instructions, but am still very confused.  I set up SS in 2013, so I honestly don't even remember how I did it.  How do I figure out what network and channels I need to put into the E682 webpage to make it run?

First you have to make sure the universe set up on your controller matches how it is set up on the sequence.    Once you have done that, if you are playing the sequence from LOR - i.e. the sequence editor, you have to turn on the listening port.  I made that mistake - played my sequence, nothing showed.  Once I turned on the port, ran like a charm.  Just launch the LOR control panel to turn on the listening port.  

Good luck, you are close.

Klayfish

If I understand you correctly....you can not run your lights directly with SS. your SS sequence must be exported to the SE and played through there.

Sorry if you already knew this but it was reading like you did not

~Matt

Saxon,

No, I actually hadn't realized that until someone pointed it out (I posted a thread in SS forum). 

I also didn't know about the listening port, I'll have to check that when I get home.

How do I check the universe set up in the sequence?  I set that up quite a while ago, and had a lot of help from Ron Boyd, so I don't remember exactly how to check what universe the sequence is set up.  Is that in the visualizer?

Klayfish,

In the Sequence Editor, go to Tools - Channel Configuration.  You will be able to see how the pixels are assigned to the Universes.  This has to match what is in your controller.

• 2 weeks later...