Light-O-Rama Forums

sequences not connecting to visulizer

kingfish

everything worked fine last week. I have two vis files xmas and Halloween cannot get songs to connect to vis. neither xmas or Halloween I cannot understand why. any help would be appreciated

okey in sequence editor next to my play and stop buttons is a button which says lights off is this my problem ; I have clicked on it . it still reads lights off cannot get it to change. any suggestion'?

What version of software, and if you are using S4, do you have the Control Panel (and therefore also the Comm Listener) running?

The "Lights Off" button is unrelated.  What this button does is send a command to turn the lights off.  The button is not always visible; it is visible for you because you have "Lights Off at End" disabled (in the Play menu).

For the actual issue, I concur with the two suggestions so far - check that the LOR Control Panel and the Comm Listener are running, and make sure that Control Visualizer is checked. 

Also, it's possible that something like Windows Firewall is interfering with it, so check your settings for that to see if it's blocking any LOR programs, or blocking the IP ports that LOR is sending messages on.  The Visualizer listens on port 30303, and the by default the Comm Listener listens on port 8837.  The port the Comm Listener actually listens on can be found in the Network Configuration program, in the "Listener Port" section of the "DMX" tab.

I changed from comm 3 to comm 4 and its working fine now I don't know why but it is .

then I switched it back to comm 3 closed and restarted and it still works , I don't know why but I guess I should not look a gift horse in the mouth