Light-O-Rama Forums

Question about files

building2

I am curious about why the following files appear after playing a sequence and is there a way to prevent it from showing each time:

lcs file, bak file, and lsv file. Thanks in advance.

Thank you your responses I checked the "hide file extensions" and the only one that shows up now is the lsv file. ????

Personally I recommend NOT usng the "Hide known file extensions" option in Windows.  As the FAQ referenced above says, you may not be working on the file that you think you are if you can't see the extension.

Personally I recommend NOT usng the "Hide known file extensions" option in Windows.  As the FAQ referenced above says, you may not be working on the file that you think you are if you can't see the extension.

I concur totally with Jim's advice. Caused me a LOT of aggravation and cost me a few lost files a few years back.

Last year, about this time, the same question was asked in a thread. If memory serves, one of the LOR Devs said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "if it was not meant to be there, it wouldn't be."

• Like 1

I second what Jim and George said!  Hiding known file extensions can cause you to lose hours of work!  Because not knowing the extension could sure cause some havoc because you'll see multiple filenames with the same name, load the wrong one and you could make a real mess of things!