Light-O-Rama Forums

Color Standardization

B.Y.R.G.

Is there a way to have the same color menu/setup in both SuperStar and Pixel Editor?  I'm having a hard time getting my purple to match in each as they use different methods to choose colors.  With S.S. you can click at the top to scroll through the default colors or adjust the slide bar for custom colors.  It would be nice to set the default colors to custom colors when needed and just click through them.  Unless that option is there and I'm missing it.  I do see you can setup a custom color wheen in the Instant Sequence part but you can't setup a custom color wheel in the main screen.

In superstar you can get the standard color chooser dialog box to appear in the main screen by doing a right click on the color box above each color. For example, you can do a right click on the the color box below the word "Start" which is under the word "Main", the Color chooser dialog box appears, you choose your color and the Red, Green, and Blue are set to match the color you choose.

Not sure if that addresses your question or not.

Thanks for the response and yes somewhat as I didn't know about the right click on the color box and that helps.  But it would be nice to set the color box to say 4 custom colors and then just click through those 4 colors only and not have the 8 default colors to click through too.  Similar to the Instant Sequence where you can set custom color1 or custom color2.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.

In the Color chooser dialog box, after setting a color you can click on the "Add to Custom Colors" button and it will add the color to the custom colors and it will keep the custom colors while superstar is up. But if you close superstar and then launch again you will lose the custom colors you added. So I guess I should save the custom colors so you will still have them next time you launch.

In addition to that, I think you are also saying it would be nice if the same custom colors were used by the Sequence Editor, Visualizer, and Pixel Editor.

In the Color chooser dialog box, after setting a color you can click on the "Add to Custom Colors" button and it will add the color to the custom colors and it will keep the custom colors while superstar is up. But if you close superstar and then launch again you will lose the custom colors you added. So I guess I should save the custom colors so you will still have them next time you launch.

Not only save the custom colors we choose but give the option to set the default colors to whatever we want.  So when you left click the square it will cycle through only those colors (Lime, Yellow, Orange and Purple) for example.  Does the "Define Custom Colors >>" button do anything?  I can't click on it and it's greyed out.

In addition to that, I think you are also saying it would be nice if the same custom colors were used by the Sequence Editor, Visualizer, and Pixel Editor.

Yes that would be very helpful to anybody who uses all three platforms to sequence their pixels and want the same color scheme.