Light-O-Rama Forums

MEDIA FILE ERROR MSSG

Premier

Been using same sequences and audio for a couple of years, no issues. was in the midst of re-arranging a few sequences this week, everything ran fine up until tonight. I open my recent files ( and tried a few older ones as well ) and about 8 out of every 10 sequences I loaded up I got a Media file Warning that it could not be converted to LOR Wav format, hence the sequences would not show the Wave Forms, or even allow my Sequence Animation window to operate. any one run into this? any fixes?

Appreciate any and all insights on this one

Only time I have run into this is on 4 different occasions:

#1.{most common} I moved the audio file to a different location from where the original sequence found it.   Just reopen the sequence and browse for the original audio file.{unless #2 or #3 has occurred, then you'll need to fix/reconvert the audio file.}

#2. Audio file has become corrupted and had to be replaced with a back up of the original audio file.

#3. Somehow the audio file was reconverted back to its original VBR form instead of CBR.

#4. I upgraded to a newer version of the LOR Software and the older sequence needed to be converted to the new version, and possibly audio file re-linked to the updated sequence.

Other than these 4, I can't recall ever having that warning message pop up.

Good Luck!

Edited by Orville

Appreciate the info, tried em all, even a brand new sequence, all gave me the same error, re-downloading the software and reinstalling full suite tonight, let you know how it goes

upgraded to 4.1.2, upgrade went seamless and all files now work like they should ,both new and old.

whe in doubt - reinstall I guess