Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio through a different device to Windows sound

EmmienLightFan

I have two Behringer audio interfaces (1002USB and 302USB) and I want to set LOR to send the show music to the 302USB which then connects to the 1002. I want all other sounds to come from the onboard sound card so I can use my computer while the show is running, and not hear that and vice versa.

Windows Media player can do it for sounds coming from it.

Is this possible and how?

Edited by EmmienLightFan

From the way I understand it, I could be wrong, but I think LOR goes through Windows Media Player so it may work similar. The only reason I say this is because when installing SE a window pops up stating that Windows Media Player 9 must be installed.

Anyone?

Edited by Mr. P

I actually use one of the Behringer USB units on my show computer and it works great. Just had to go into the control panel under sound and tell it to use the USB device.

I actually use one of the Behringer USB units on my show computer and it works great. Just had to go into the control panel under sound and tell it to use the USB device.

Yeah. I got mine a while ago. I use it all the time.

I liked the 302 so much I got the 1002USB

Personally I don't think that is possible.  If you set the default sound device in Control Panel->Sounds, then ALL devices and players will be routed through that Sound Device, you can't set it up for two separate devices at the same time{at least not that I have seen or been able to accomplish}.    

I would rather use a different sound device for LOR, but have found no way to accomplish it and use the same computers onboard sound for other criteria.   

Just don't believe there is any way to do this, it's either use onboard or use another sound system, just no way to use two different ones at the same time.   

And the LOR SE is tied in with the Windows Medial Player, I would rather use a different program{music player that has better audio control} for the SE to play through than WMP, but, again, I have seen no way to accomplish that either, and I've tried to find a way to do it many times, totally without success.

There may be with external control devices, but I would think this may be quite cost prohibitive as opposed to finding a cheap laptop for running the show and using your main computer for whatever you need it for. JMHO

Yeah. I got mine a while ago. I use it all the time.

I liked the 302 so much I got the 1002USB

How many in/out's does it have?  I need something with at least 8 1/4" inputs to replace my PCI based Delta 1010.

How many in/out's does it have?  I need something with at least 8 1/4" inputs to replace my PCI based Delta 1010.

It has four stereo 1/4, two mono (Microphone/line level input), USB audio and 2-track. Just one stereo USB output.

Also, remember that it is all mixxed down to one stereo mix. It is actually a mixer with an audio interface.