Light-O-Rama Forums

C9 and C7's

caniac

I have been looking for a better way to light my pumpkins and have hit a road block.  I have tried C7 replacements (pure white) and they just don't seem bright enough.  Just got in some C9 champagne (5 LED) figuring they should be brighter but they aren't, matter of fact they are dimmer which might work for Christmas but not for what I want to do for Halloween.  Could probably go with LED spots but that is kinda pricey.  Thoughts?

Have you tried regular household type LED bulbs?  Home Depot has a good selection.  Some can replace a 100 watt incandescent bulb.

Jerry

You could buy those Chandler type Led bulbs with the c9 type base or in a regular size light bulb type base. 

Have you tried regular household type LED bulbs?  Home Depot has a good selection.  Some can replace a 100 watt incandescent bulb.

Jerry

I would be very careful if you want to go this route. If the lights are on for a considerable length of time, the heat from these bulbs might melt your pumpkins or even explode inside the pumpkin due to the heat not being able to dissipate adequately.

A led bulb equivalent to a 100 watt incandescent is only 14.5 watts. They generate hardly any heat.

• 2 weeks later...