Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer goes solid white.......

jerry72

Visualizer goes solid white when play button is pressed. Background image and all disappear. All settings are correct, 127.0.0.1 and 40404 on both Vi and SE. When i un check the enhanced rendering, it will not go into play mode at all.

If you use a plain white background (did not adjust the  intensity and do not use a background picture) the visualizer screen will go blank (white)  except the start stop buttons, until your sequence activates the props.  See the posting re: visualizer not displaying if you are not getting any display when the sequencer is running.

If you use a plain white background (did not adjust the  intensity and do not use a background picture) the visualizer screen will go blank (white)  except the start stop buttons, until your sequence activates the props.  See the posting re: visualizer not displaying if you are not getting any display when the sequencer is running.

Nope, i am using a black back ground for my faces then use a pic of my home for the rest of the viz files.

I am unsure as to what went wrong. I went ahead and shut down my whole computer then restarted it, Visualizer works fine now.

Saw the same thing, white screen on visualizer. Everything was working then just a white screen.

I booted up win8.1, connected PC to a projector via hdmi, started LOR control panel, then sequence editor then visualizer and it went white when I put visualizer in simulator mode. Disconnected projector, but problem didn't go away.

I remembered seeing this thread, came here and saw a reboot fixed it. So I rebooted, started LOR control panel, and then the visualizer, and this time the picture of my house came up in simulator mode and it worked fine.

I have also had to reboot to get visualizer to run on several occasions. Everytime it has started working again. Running W8.

I some how think this has to be a bug in the new version of LOR software. If it was juts my computer i could say it was me, but this many people having the same issue it has to be  bug.

If a reboot fixes the issue, the change is the computer being rebooted not the Visualizer code.  That would put the problem outside of the Visualizer.

It could be something to do with your video drivers/etc.  If it becomes too much of an issue, you may want to change back to the old rendering engine.

• 3 weeks later...

If a reboot fixes the issue, the change is the computer being rebooted not the Visualizer code.  That would put the problem outside of the Visualizer.

It could be something to do with your video drivers/etc.  If it becomes too much of an issue, you may want to change back to the old rendering engine.

In my case, rebooting does not fix the problem. I construct the stage with a jpg of my house, but when I hit play, the jpg disappears. The sequence plays in the visualizer just fine though.

--Mike

Edited by greenie95125

In my case, rebooting does not fix the problem. I construct the stage with a jpg of my house, but when I hit play, the jpg disappears. The sequence plays in the visualizer just fine though.

--Mike

My problem was solved by not using the advanced rendering engine. Not sure what the advanced engine is, but it seems fine without it.

Mike