Light-O-Rama Forums

Light O Rama service is so bad...

Old Sarge

I sent a controller to LOR for Service/repair.

Their service is so bad the received it on Tuesday, July 7, 2015.... repaired it on Wednesday, July 8, 2015... and it is on the way back to me on  Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thank you LOR..

got this e mail from Mike.. on the 7th.. 

Hello Chuck,
So after taking a look at the board you sent in for repair it appears there was a burnt trace coming off of the opto chip on channel 13 which makes this board repairable. What we can do now is replace this board for you at a 40% discount 

Gave him the GO AHEAD on it...  got the  E-Mail and confirmed the shipping with UPS the morning of the 9th.

so they got it the 7th, repaired it the 8th and on the way back to me on the 9th..

I wish all companies had service as bad as theirs is...

Sarge, you have no idea how far LOR goes... Dan himself got involved in a few problems I was having with a commercial install I was doing using LOR.  The lengths he went to to step up to the plate is the way I personally do business and far beyond almost any other company I have dealt with.... and in my eyes, that is saying something.  I actually turned down about 95% of what Dan offered because it would not have been fair to LOR had I accepted.. but to know they would go that far to make things right is pretty unheard of these days.  

Dan  earns the loyalty we give him IMHO

After all the nice things I've said over the years regarding LOR's outstanding customer service, I'm dismayed that they treated you so shabbily Sarge. That's totally outrageous - taking almost two whole days to get a repaired/replacement board on the way to you ... ;)

I know... thats way to long to have to wait.... I should have got it all the same day and it returned on the same day to... three whole days from the time it got there to when it was sent back.... it should have been done in just 1 day... ;)  :D

I have not had any hardware problems for them to fix.  But I was shipped an incorrect product and they took care of it in quick order.  I trust a company who shows it cares about its customers -- LOR is one of those!  These conversations only back-up what I've felt since I started using their products.  Thank you All at LOR!

Sheesh...

Helzbergs has had my Wife's wedding ring for 6 weeks and 2 days to replace a 1/4 carat diamond under warranty.

They could learn a thing or two from the Good folks at LOR.

T

I have not had any hardware problems for them to fix.  But I was shipped an incorrect product and they took care of it in quick order.  I trust a company who shows it cares about its customers -- LOR is one of those!  These conversations only back-up what I've felt since I started using their products.  Thank you All at LOR!

That is why I left Animated Lighting in January 2009 just after one season. Lor always had great service. The controllers were even cheaper, & the software is superb compared to the  AL software.

Sheesh...

Helzbergs has had my Wife's wedding ring for 6 weeks and 2 days to replace a 1/4 carat diamond under warranty....T

Next time you have diamond issue's, PM me & I'll give you my address.

I'll take real good care of you...

:D:P:rolleyes:

Just my 2nd year in buying LOR hardware.  Got the 8 pack flood package this spring and found that one had an issue.  Contracted support and they sent a replacement right out. Didn't havfe to sent the back one back which seemed like common sence for a $20 item.

Just sent back a new cmb24d that was messed up because of operator error.  So will see how that goes. Appears they will fix my screwup under warrenty...way more than fair.

Just re-inforced my oppinsion that people shouldn't be buying overprice used hardware that is out of warrenty.

I had 4 bad CCR controllers due to a bad network cable. I ordered the replacements and they sent me the controllers and the CCR. 

I upgraded my LOR S3 Advance license the other day to the new S4 Pro during lunch at work and paid using Paypal not thinking that there was a different email on that account.  Within minutes, they had realized the issue, searched through all their customer files tracked me down and contacted me to verify that it was my order and updated my license.      OUTSTANDING!  

What if LOR were in control of other things....  

I upgraded my LOR S3 Advance license the other day to the new S4 Pro during lunch at work and paid using Paypal not thinking that there was a different email on that account.  Within minutes, they had realized the issue, searched through all their customer files tracked me down and contacted me to verify that it was my order and updated my license.      OUTSTANDING!  

What if LOR were in control of other things....  

The world would be a happier & brighter place!

Next time you have diamond issue's, PM me & I'll give you my address.

I'll take real good care of you...

:D:P:rolleyes:

Oh well. Helzberg probably stole it too.

oh I sent it on Friday and they got it Tuesday... but I just used the regular USPS from Cali going to NY ...  and I dont need it for a holiday or a party right now so a couple days shipping was no problem..

Just checked with UPS tracking... I should be getting it back Tuesday.. Still is a lot better then waiting for something for months and months.. It would be better though if they would use USPS for shipping though.... after all I was charged shipping and USPS would have taken like three days instead of a week..

Edited by Old Sarge

I have 32 controllers and 5 spare cards for the show. Last year I did not have any spares so I made a phone call and the very next day I had plenty of spares. I could never dream of having a light show without LOR having my back.  I have to be more careful not to sell them so fast just incase I need them again. LOL.

WTG Dan and staff...