Light-O-Rama Forums

White Split Loom

ShayneT

I thought for sure there was a post about where to find the cheapest wire loom.  I am thinking of redoing by singing pumpkin with LED strips so I change the mouth colors and save some redundancy on mouth segments.  where does everyone find the best prices on loom?

Regards,

Shayne

As already stated cableties&more is good.

Thats where I bought mine + great sales on cableties.

You can never have too many cableties!! :)

You might already know this. But  I will say it for anyone that does not know. White wire ties and white split loom should not be used out doors. UNLESS your willing to have to replace it frequently. The UV rays will cause the plastic to become brittle and break at the slightest touch or tug. If possible, its always best to use the black version. This has been a PSA. But each to their own.

I did not know that about split loom - thank you!  I might have to go to plan B and try PEX instead.  :)

Or plan C - HDPE

I will say this though. My rooftop stars have white split loom. They are the first thing I put out & the last to be taken down. They have already been used for 3 seasons now & are still fine.  

The split loom I got from http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/ is Polyethelene and is supposed to take the UV pretty well.  Polyethelene is the same material that Brian Bruderer uses for his SuperStars because of the UV resistance.

Mine seems to have survived quite well so far.

Lots of sellers on EBAY for loom in various lenghts.

That's where I have been getting loom.

+1 for the split loom and cable ties and more. I had it loosely over 2811 strips that were attached to PVC for my arches last year. Was only outside the month of Dec for Canadian winter but it didn't yellow or change colour.

Thank you everyone, the suggestions and advice is very appreciated.  I may give the split a go since I can get tighter curves for the mouth... 

Ok, small correction. Typically white plastics will break down and become brittle. Now for the correction to my statement. If the plastic has been treated with chemicals that are UV blockers then the plastic will hold up for years. Again typically the black plastics are treated with UV blockers.  Ok with this all being said. Make sure that what ever material you use (plastics) are rated for outdoor use (UV Blockers).

Ok, small correction.

LOL

Besides Max the op was putting lights in the split wire loom so I don't think the black would be a good choice. :P

LOL

Besides Max the op was putting lights in the split wire loom so I don't think the black would be a good choice. :P

May have implied it, but didnt say it. :P