Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro Flood Question

Army Lights

If I buy this setup, will I be good to go? Is there anything in here I don't need? This is from HolidayCoro.com

637 - CG-1500 Enclosure:Waterproof Enclosure (CG-1500)

350w Power Supply:1 of 12v - 350w Power Supply

515 - 120 Power Cord:1 of 3 Prong Male Input Power Cord 5ft (Unattached)

697 - Hook-up Wire:2 Feet of Heavy Duty 12 AWG Power Wire

1 of 640: One 350w Meanwell Power Supply to CableGuard CG-1500 Mounting Plate Adapter (Door Mount)

4 of 675: Pan Head Phillips Screw for Adapter to Housing Mounting (not for individual purchase)

4 of 678: Nylon Power Supply Mounting Screw (not for individual purchase)

1 of 515: Power Cord Male 3 Prong Grounded - 18 AWG / 5ft

1 of 637: CableGuard CG-1500 Water Resistant Mounting Box for Controllers and Power Supplies

1 of 49: Power Supply - 12v / 29 amps / 350 Watts

2 of 697: 12 AWG Power Cable - 1 Foot / Round in White Jacket

Not sure why this topic was moved since it was directly in line with the RGB Flood Conversation I was in. Now, of course, there is no context. Bottom line, I bought the RGB floods, and I know I need the power supply and enclosure. Will this do the trick?

If I may make a suggestion please.  Why not ask them (Holidaycoro)?  You gave them money, they should support you, right?

If I may make a suggestion please.  Why not ask them (Holidaycoro)?  You gave them money, they should support you, right?

It depends on when they purchased them.  As some of us have learned the hard way, it depends on when you bought the products.  When their warranty period is up, sorry Charlie, break out your checkbook.  

I think Army Lights hasn't bought anything yet. ( 1st post ) He just wants to make sure he doesn't get caught buying something he doesn't need or not getting what is really needed.

That being said I dont see anything for the floods themselves ie. pigtails

I would message Dave at HolidayCoro & he will confirm exactly what you need.

Dave has been EXTREMELY helpful to me before and after I have purchased from holidaycoro.com.  Go through the site and us the "email us" link at the bottom of the page.

In my case, I went the "decentralized" route and bought a bunch of flood kits and used power injection. Not sure how many floods you are using but you only need one cheap power supply ($13) for every 5 floods with the flood kits.  You may be able to do it a lot cheaper if you go this way rather than with the centralized enclosure, controller and powersupply.

If you have questions on my setup feel free to PM me and I can send you some more details.

Tim

Edited by tmeyermn

I bought the RGB floods, and I know I need the power supply and enclosure. Will this do the trick?

Yes, that setup will work fine.  You can run more floods then you will need (unless your show is ALL floods) with a 350 watt PS.

So, I'm not sure why this post was moved to "general decorating questions," but it is absolutely pertinent to THIS conversation. Here is my question:

If I buy this setup FOR MY RGB FLOODLIGHTS, will I be good to go? Is there anything in here I don't need? This is from HolidayCoro.com

1 of 640: One 350w Meanwell Power Supply to CableGuard CG-1500 Mounting Plate Adapter (Door Mount)
4 of 675: Pan Head Phillips Screw for Adapter to Housing Mounting (not for individual purchase)
1 of 637: CableGuard CG-1500 Water Resistant Mounting Box for Controllers and Power Supplies

.... your post was moved because it does not have ANYTHING to do with LOR components.  

That board is reserved for questions about OUR hardware.  

Again, if you want to know about other mfgs stuff - especially stuff that we have comparable equipment that you can purchase but don't want to, it doesn't belong in the board it came from, it belongs here where your message was moved to.

So, here is what I suggest:  Perhaps you should order our stuff.  We know what you need, and can point you to exactly what you want.  If you want support for other mfg stuff you should either ask the OTHER mfg, or use this forum-- the one your message was moved to.

EDIT:  FYI -- My post was originally in the other forum but has been moved here as well.  I updated it so it now makes more sense.  In the name of transparency, here is what it read like BEFORE I edited it.  ---->

.... your post was moved because it does not have ANYTHING to do with LOR components.  

This board is reserved for questions about OUR hardware.  

Again, if you want to know about other mfgs stuff - especially stuff that we have comparable equipment that you can purchase but don't want to, it doesn't belong in this board it belongs where your message was moved to.

So, here is what I suggest:  Perhaps you should order our stuff.  We know what you need, and can point you to exactly what you want.  If you want support for other mfg stuff you should either ASK the other mfg, or use the forum your message was moved to.

• Like 1

So it looks like he bought floods and a controller card and is trying to get a power supply and housing for the card.

I assume it is LOR floods and LOR controller. Since LOR doesn't offer the RGB flood kit complete with the outdoor safe casing or power supply then something needs to be purchased elsewhere for outside protection. (Yes, LOR does sell outdoor safe power supplies so you could get the supply from them.)

Yes, this kit from holiday coro will work. RGB flood kits from LOR has the pigtails and cables for the floods included. So you will just mount the LOR dc card and power supply in the CG 1500 and put the pigtails on the card and through the holes on the bottom of the CG 1500. There is a how to video on the holiday coro web on how to mount the card and supply if needed.)

The included extensions for the floods may be too short. LOR does sell extensions or you can get them elsewhere or build them yourself.

If this is not for the LOR kit then what floods and card do you have?

So, I'm not sure why this post was moved to "general decorating questions," but it is absolutely pertinent to THIS conversation. Here is my question:

If I buy this setup FOR MY RGB FLOODLIGHTS, will I be good to go? Is there anything in here I don't need? This is from HolidayCoro.com

Yes, you will be fine.  You can run 35 of those floods off of a 350 watt power supply, providing you use the correct gauge power wire.  I run mine off of their little 45 watt power supplies and they work great.