Light-O-Rama Forums

A strange feeling.....

plasmadrive

I find that I started feeling a bit strange today as I am wrapping up the the building of the last industrial control panel of my career.  For over 30 years I have been designing, building, testing, installing and servicing industrial control panels.....  That will all come to an end very shortly....  I will still be working on misc architectural LED jobs for various artist around the world... but those are usually sporadic.

It has been a good, hard, long ride... On Sept. 1 I will be "retired" from the industrial controls field.... Man does this feel strange....

Don't worry.. I will still play with the "Lights at the Ranch".. at least for this year. 

Oh yeah.. I am gonna have lots of "stuff" to unload.   LOL :D

Edited by plasmadrive

Congrats on retirement.  I hope it was your choice and not someone elses.

Congratulations on your retirement.

If you think this last job was a good one, you wait till you are retired.

This being retired, is the best job I ever had. Enjoy

Craig,

This means only one thing - you are getting old....

Congratulations on this milestone, well in September anyway......

Good luck,

Daniel

I heard of people that are retired & they work harder now than they did when working at a job. In a few months a new stage in your life will begin, so make the best of it, and enjoy. I still have a bit to go before I can retire.....if I can retire.....still need to make ends meet.

Edited by lightzilla

First congrats on surviving to reach this point in life. I still have like 10 yrs unless I get lucky and win the lotto.  Good luck with that, right?  :lol:  I think I can understand what your saying. We all have been through those moments. Like leaving home, going into the military, leaving the military, getting married, and so on. I am sure that the wife will keep you busy and you wont have time to think of not going to the office and put in your day there. :D  Just dont sit all day in the easy chair.

Wish it was me, lucky dog.

plasmadrive  you love being retired !  I retired last year after working 50 years as a machinist  missed work and some of the people for a few months but soon you"ll love not having to go to work more time for lights good luck

I heard of people that are retired & they work harder now than they did when working at a job. In a few months a new stage in your life will begin, so make the best of it, and enjoy. I still have a bit to go before I can retire.....if I can retire.....still need to make ends meet.

plasmadrive , I will be retired 22 years come Sept. and I am one of those people that lightzilla is talking about. The first 30 years was easy. Just don't go home and sit in a rocking chair and die, you got to keep busy, both mind and body. Good luck.

First congrats on surviving to reach this point in life. I still have like 10 yrs unless I get lucky and win the lotto.  Good luck with that, right?  :lol:  I think I can understand what your saying. We all have been through those moments. Like leaving home, going into the military, leaving the military, getting married, and so on. I am sure that the wife will keep you busy and you wont have time to think of not going to the office and put in your day there. :D  Just dont sit all day in the easy chair.

Wish it was me, lucky dog.

Thnx Max.  It is just one of those ah ha moments... like.. Now I have soooo much stuff to do... where do I start?  

plasmadrive , I will be retired 22 years come Sept. and I am one of those people that lightzilla is talking about. The first 30 years was easy. Just don't go home and sit in a rocking chair and die, you got to keep busy, both mind and body. Good luck.

Wow.. 22 years is a long time.. This is my 3rd attempt.. hopefully this one will stick!  LOL

I have plenty to keep my busy.. way too busy.. the starting point is always the hardest part. 

Been watching this post with interest, as I am right behind plasma. I will retire Oct.31. It will be different, as I have been working since I was 13. Afraid of a fixed income. But I guess I will be OK. I am in pretty good shape. I own everything free and clear. But it's the unknown that scares me. I have heard the same advice that Earl has given. Good luck plasmadrive.

Thanks and congrats yourself Indi. 

Over the last two years I have kind of been semi-retired.. so to speak.. But now that my wife decided she was retiring.. I figured it was a good time to finally.... really.... actually.... hopefully... pull the pin.  I have run my own business for the most part over the last 30 years with a short time off to work for an LED company... Then back to my own again.. 

One thing I won't miss is the ridiculous amounts of Gov paperwork, filing, census', inspections, and the like.. I won't miss that one little bit.

Congrats on retirement.

I can't wait to see what you come with now that you'll have some extra time.  :)

I retired in 2010 at the old age of 41. I now keep myself busy around the house and it gives me lots of time for programming   :D

Plasma - I wish I had your problem...

What a great feeling it would be. And to have no more stress in life.

Congrats on the retirement. In my case I will never retire. The lights show cost me to much each year... LOL