Light-O-Rama Forums

How to transfer a Pixel Editor Preview from one computer to another

MattBrown

There are 2 ways to transfer a Pixel Editor preview from one computer to another.

1) If you want to move all of your previews, even if you only have 1 preview, then copy the file:

Light-O-Rama\PixelEditor\LORPixelEditorData.xml

from one computer to the other, overwriting the file on the destination if it exists. Note that the PixelEditor directory is adjacent to your Sequences and Audio directories.

2) Alternatively, you can copy an LMS/LAS Sequence Editor file and the associated LPE Pixel Editor file to the new computer and open that sequence in the Pixel Editor. The preview will be automatically imported from the LPE file. The preview on the destination will have a different name, but that is ok. You can rename any preview if you wish - it will stay associated with any of the Pixel Editor sequences you open that use that preview. This approach is basically like sharing a sequence with yourself - as described in the Sharing Sequences topic in the Pixel Editor help file (currently the very last topic in the file).

Matt

Matt, there's actually a third way, which is the way I'm doing it. I ran the LORPost.exe and pointed to my Dropbox folder. As long as all PC are done this way, the PE is never different. Just thought I'd put that out there. I'm sure it can be done with any programs like that, Onedrive, iCloud, if you use it, etc.