Light-O-Rama Forums

using pixels with the visualizer

Steelers95

This is my second year using pixels but my first year trying to insert the pixels into the visualizer, I am currently trying to insert a few 50 pixel arches, I started out doing it pixel by pixel but have come to the conclusion that doing it that way is going to take way too long, not to mention how hard it is to line up every bulb so it looks like an arch. I'm planning on buying superstar this year as well and am not sure what the best way is going to be to insert pixels into the visualizer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a job for the Arch Wizard. That's a button in the Visualizer that looks like a rainbow.

Edited by George Simmons

haven't downloaded the beta, I'm planning on waiting until S4 is released. I don't think my question was very clear though, Im using ws2811 pixels with an e682, not ccp. Sorry that was my fault.

how do you use the arch wizard with ws2811 pixels? I've tried but could not figure it out. I thought it was only for cosmic color pixels.

Edited by Steelers95

I use Superstar so its a bit different for me.  I use keywords in SS and when I export to SE, SS names and addresses everything. Down side to keywords is you can't use the simulation mode in the vis.

set fixture to 1 and pixels to 50 (since you are using 50 pixel arches)

I believe If you are using multiples of 50 then you can set them up as CCD., Create your channels for the CCD arch, Then create your RGB channels for your 2811 arches and copy paste the effects from the CCDs to your new channels. If you are non multibles of 50 you will no be able to use simulation mode.

excuse me, set segments to one, not fixture

sorry, I don't do a lot with just SE

Edited by saxon

how do you use the arch wizard with ws2811 pixels? I've tried but could not figure it out. I thought it was only for cosmic color pixels.

... And then there was S4 ;)

Upgrade to S4 when it releases.  Or try the Beta now.

There is no issue with S4 creating pixel based arches...works just fine! However, I would like the arch wizard to have the ability to make a straight line arch too or some other tool, for those of us who create firesticks, which are nothing more than vertical straight, segmented arches, just not curved. Not an issue doing this with using the pixel draw tool but for incans, it forces the line into an arch. Yes, I can draw 7 straight lines and hope to line them up somehow, then do it all over again.

There is no issue with S4 creating pixel based arches...works just fine! However, I would like the arch wizard to have the ability to make a straight line arch too or some other tool, for those of us who create firesticks, which are nothing more than vertical straight, segmented arches, just not curved. Not an issue doing this with using the pixel draw tool but for incans, it forces the line into an arch. Yes, I can draw 7 straight lines and hope to line them up somehow, then do it all over again.

Use the Mega Tree Wizard.  Set top size = bottom size.  Number of segments = number of sticks created.  Delete any extras after creating.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the Mega Tree Wizard.  Set top size = bottom size.  Number of segments = number of sticks created.  Delete any extras after creating.

Well, that doesn't work. It makes individual strings, not like the arch tool does in creating the number of segments on one line. What would be easier would be if the arch tool or other tool, allowed for straight-line segmented strings or allow the arch to be flattened out into line, then directional change of the line. As it is, I just use it as an arch, up in the air as such, so I can sequence anyway.

You said you were creating Pixel Arches and wanted to create Pixel Sticks.  Why did you create them as strings rather than CCR or DMX pixels?

Maybe I mis-stated what I was intending. I would like to create led string based firesticks therefore straight lines, 7 segments each. The arch wizard creates the segmented arches but all that's needed is a straight line instead of an arch. I use the arch method an just place it up in the air so it still works. Just one of those nice things to have. What I should do, and will, is create a single string, copy and paste it into the visualizer then do it all over again for a second one. Somehow line up all the strings.

Ahhh.. OK.  Sorry, I read what you said and thought you wanted pixel sticks.

Use the Shift (or is it CTRL?)  when hand-drawing a straight line.  It will force a perfect horizontal or vertical line.

Copy and paste that line as many times as you have segments.

Use the CTRL key (or is it Shift?) to increase pointer precision when moving the segments into proper alignment.

Add all the segments to a prop.  Now you have a stick.  Copy and paste that stick to create multiples that are all aligned correctly.  Use Prop handles to resize if needed.

Pixel stick is part of the same prop and that was easy. What I did was create sticks that have a single 50 pixel string wrapped up the pole then added 7 segments of standard led's over it. So two props in one. Its the segmented string parts that are tougher. lol, its truly minor and I'm lazy to get it lined up carefully.