Light-O-Rama Forums

Cheapest spt1 wire?

ericm

I do HomeDepot.com... I don't have a Home Depot near by only Lowes.

HD gets my order to me quick and shipping is always free.

I recently bought 1000ft of spt1 from CDI at 14.8c a foot (they were running a sale). Even with out the sale their normal price is only 18.5c a foot.

I find it usually cheaper to go to places like good will, any other thrift shops I see, the Dollar stores, .99 cent stores etc. and 

purchase their cheap extension cord.. I have even found some good deals at yard sales, garage sales and moving sales.... If i do not see any out I will ask.... hey you got any extension cords... you would be surprised at how many times people have said... wait... i will check and bring out some..a lot for like 50 cents to a buck and I have gotten as long as 50 ft three prong for like 5 bucks..

I have found many 15 ft. ext cords... for 99 cents... that comes out to 2 bucks for a 30 ft cord when cut and spliced together... much cheaper then then having to buy rolls of wire,,,, male plugs and female plugs.... and as for as time... it doesnt take very long while watching a movie to cut splice and shrink wrap a few cords together..

also I keep a pair of wire cutters in my truck and car... If i see where someone has thrown out a vacuum cleaner.... i cut the cord off of it... there I am a 20 ft ext cord for free..  tv cords etc.... why watch them get taken to the dump when they can be recycled..

• The topic was locked