Light-O-Rama Forums

Word of advice when ordering pixels

sticks4legs

Didn't they just give away over $20,000 in merchandise??  Profit must be pretty good...  :ph34r:

They just take it out of the programmers pay -- It doesn't cost them a dime.  Thankfully I'm eating good this month despite the deduction.  

• Like 2

They just take it out of the programmers pay -- It doesn't cost them a dime.  Thankfully I'm eating good this month despite the deduction.  

I don't know about those tender vittles but I have a friend who use to eat milkbones like they were cookies.

He didn't like the green ones though ( liver flavor )  :lol:  

I see that if LOR could drop the price of their pixels, they would sell much more quantity. Last year I took the leap into pixels and after pricing different options, ended up buying from Ray Wu. It is a process to even be able to buy the products, let along get them soldered and setup. I would much prefer to buy an LOR product and even pay a little more. But it ended up being about 6x the cost if I would have done LOR. When the PixCon came up for the Summer Sale, it was very competitively priced so I picked one up and will add that on instead of the e682 I was planning to purchase. If the pricing went down to a competitive price, I would be happy to purchase from LOR as I'm sure many others would. It also seems that as of now, I'm done buying regular 16 channel controllers. So they need to find something for all of us to buy many of, which would be the pixels at the right price. 

• Like 1

Our cat died so I have some left over Cat Food if you want it...the good moist stuff in the cans!!

Our cat died so I have some left over Cat Food if you want it...the good moist stuff in the cans!!

Don't be surprised if he takes you up on the offer. As long as it's been since Tender Vittles were discontinued, Mike's rations must be getting pretty crunchy by now.

Had the same issue with strips from a US BASED SUPPLIER LAST YEAR, so don't assume any shipment will have the same color order as other shipments. However I use Lightshow Pro and you can change the color order of ANY INDIVIDUAL NODE WHATSOEVER..  So i just changed the last 20 of my string to the proper color order and done.

Maybe some other software lets you do that mid-string, maybe there is no other.

If you want quality and you think LOR is expensive, step up to StellaScapes or Minleon.  Stella requires their own controller as far as I know, and S4 is not going to work for sure with those.

Had the same issue with strips from a US BASED SUPPLIER LAST YEAR, so don't assume any shipment will have the same color order as other shipments. However I use Lightshow Pro and you can change the color order of ANY INDIVIDUAL NODE WHATSOEVER..  So i just changed the last 20 of my string to the proper color order and done.

Maybe some other software lets you do that mid-string, maybe there is no other.

If you want quality and you think LOR is expensive, step up to StellaScapes or Minleon.  Stella requires their own controller as far as I know, and S4 is not going to work for sure with those.

Actually, the PixCon16 can control Stellascapes MY9221 and MY9231

Don't be surprised if he takes you up on the offer. As long as it's been since Tender Vittles were discontinued, Mike's rations must be getting pretty crunchy by now.

Off topic but funny story:

I love to cook.  If you have run into me at Expo, it shows :P  For the last year I have been studying Japanese Cuisine - yes there is more than just Sushi!  I found a great little Japanese Grocery store in town - it's about the 1/2 the size of a gas station convenience store.  It's jam packed with awesome ingredients and run by an older Japanese woman who is whip-smart but English is not her first language.  My Obasan!

The other day I'm in there and I drop close to $100 on stuff.  I make a comment about how she's making me go broke with all these new things to try.  She gives me the thumbs up and says 'Steak tonight!' :D

• Like 3