Light-O-Rama Forums

Easy window frame

Ebuechner

Nice idea. Where did you get the white clip part.

Edited by Cdanna77

There you go and burst my bubble. I thought I came up with something new. Are you sliding the bracket behind the J channel? And have you had any downside? I plan on using silicon to attach RGB strips

I use the metal clasp things that hold a broom or mop to the wall. Pvc snaps right in

I was going to use  PVC frames to hold my upper window RGB lights. These clips look much better than cable tying them to gutters.

There you go and burst my bubble. I thought I came up with something new. Are you sliding the bracket behind the J channel? And have you had any downside? I plan on using silicon to attach RGB strips

Mr. P and I have had positive things to say about the use of the clips from HC. The HC clips I use, I painted and was able rto screw right to the window trim and they stay up all year. I painted my pvc frames and just zip tied the strips to them. Unfortunately, I have found myself short a few clips this year so I may go check out the clips you mentioned-  thanks for the tip!

You can get an even better deal at .13 each here:

http://www.pexuniverse.com/1-2-snap-in-clips-pex-copper-cpvc

that's the wrong size that's for half inch PEX 15.80 millimeter. half inch PVC is 21. 80 millimeter outside diameter. three quarter inch PEX is about the same diameter is half inch PVC. three quarter inch PEX is 22. 60 millimeter. Edited by Ebuechner

that's a pretty good deal. I wasn't trying to be a know it all. just thought I would state some facts to help people purchase the right item. the whole PEX vs PVC sizing threw me off until I figured it out. I figured let somebody else learn from a mistake that I already made. yeah I ordered the wrong size first time out

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say THANKS to this forum for the window frame education.  This weekend I hit my local big box to get some PVC and see if I could fashion myself a window frame.  Within 60 minutes of arriving home, I had a window frame complete with two LED strings of lights  (one white, one multicolor) all done!  Went out the following day and bought enough PVC to make frames for the other three upstairs windows.  I'll get the lights with my next paycheck.

I'm thrilled with how easy it was and how good they look!  When I attached the lights (via clips), I made sure that the wires were all on the backside of the PVC, so that ONLY the lights are visible - this way, during the day, those frames will pretty hard to detect hanging in our windows.  Love that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a newbie here, wet behind the ears greenhorn. I didn't know these clips existed, but I am going to use them next year.  Found them on eBay for $16.50 per bag of 80, free shipping.  Every little bit we can save helps buy other things we "need". Not trying to upstage anyone.

Z