Light-O-Rama Forums

The Dreaded Corner Lot

Dcroc

My house sits on a corner lot.  It's on the corner of Main St. and the developments main road.  Main st. is way to busy for cars to stop and watch my lights, and the house faces the corner, so the other road is not a straight view. Makes it VERY difficult to design the lights, since some of the house can not even be seen from the less busy road. Anyone else have this corner lot issue?  How to you deal with it?

We live on a corner lot in our subdivison...Its a somewhat busy road but the Development has 3 other entrance /exits that make it very easy for people to move around. We also have a road that faces our house that people will park on and yes it does get very busy at times but so far for the last 5 years this being  year 6 its been very manageable. In the past we have just decorated the front of the house but are thinking of doing Video Mapping on the side of the house. I actually like having a corner lot as it leaves me plenty of options for decorating ...

Edited by ezimnow

I have a corner lot as well. I have struggled with how to best decorate it, but have settled with just doing the lights on the front of the house. It would cost a fortune to try and do both sides right now. I have lights in a few trees on the side corner, but the LOR lights are on the front and it has worked well so far.

I'm on the edge of a cull-de-sac so I've got 3 sides to decorate.  Last year was my first LOR year so I'm still working to figuring out all of what goes where and adding to the display.  I don't know if I have a best viewing angle as different parts of the yard have different props.

I sit on a corner lot as well. My house faces the main road and that is where most of the decorations are placed. The side of my house has a second road which I place a 40' mega tree which covers that entire side of the house but can still be seen from the front and the main road in the background. So I have two 15' RGB trees in the front and a 40' LED tree on the side.

Edited by Mr. P

• 2 weeks later...

I sit on a corner lot as well. My house faces the main road and that is where most of the decorations are placed. The side of my house has a second road which I place a 40' mega tree which covers that entire side of the house but can still be seen from the front and the main road in the background. So I have two 15' RGB trees in the front and a 40' LED tree on the side.

I'm with Mr.P.  I too have a 25' mega tree on the corner.  Along with some 6' wire trees and 4 arches and mini trees.  This year I will have two 8' spirals on each side of the mega.  Try to do larger display items to fill the area.