Light-O-Rama Forums

Haloween Frames-Best way to light up

godman

I bought 4 Halloween frames (see link below) and was wondering what everyone is using to light up the frames? I'm thinking 3/8 rope light...Is there a good place to purchase rope light (led or incan) that is cuttable in 12"? The rope light I currently use is cuttable ever 39" and that is allot of extra rope light to have to deal with when mounting?

I will be using all 8 channels for my mouth /eye movements. I used the Holiday coro small monster faces last year but they were to small so I wanted to go a different route

Suggestions?  

http://www.wireframedlites.com/halloween.php

Christmas-leds.com has the rope light plus they have LED light strings made just for wire frames. See my how to light a wire frame on my website.

I liked the look of a "pearl white" rope light that I saw in another frame build thread.  It has a little bit more of a glow compared to clear tubed white rope.  

1000bulbs.com carries it in 3/8". In both 12v and 120v and led/incandenscent.

Doug, can you post the URL at Christmas LEDs for the light strings specific for wireframes? 

Thanks!

I can't cut and paste on the cell phone but just go to her website and on the left hand side of the page look for M6 Led Wireframe lights.

I built my own frame a couple of years ago.  I used 3/4 PVC for the frame, and black plastic mesh for the material to mount the rope light.  It is an 8 foot pumpkin. 

I built 3 3/4 pvc 4'x4' frames with mesh and wires, all secured with zip ties, I bought a spoll of Amber rope lights that you can cut every 12", again zip tieded to keep the shapes of mouths, eyes, etc.

See pic visiting http://thehousewithlights.website

Where did you purchase the rope light and what controller did you use? Was the rope light 12v? If so what controller did you use?

I don't remember where I bough the rope light, I remember that I google Amber rope light by spool and some options came up, the rope light is 110v and it is easy to cut every 12", also I ordered from the same place the 110v plugs for each peace of rope that I cut, so no additional controller is need it, just the LOR 16ch controllers.

Is the Rope light LED or Incan? I've tried searching but have been unable to find 110v cuttable  in 12" lengths. Best I have found is 19-24." If you remember where you bought it please let me know,

Thanks! :D