Light-O-Rama Forums

Virtual Santa

aesl1982

I'm been looking at the virtual Santa kits on Christmas light sows website. I notice two different kits that look the same one has ad card and one a jump drive. But one is 269 and the other is 169. Anyone know why one is 100 more than the other. Is it the projector?

Quick answer With out looking. Prob yes. All I did was get a copy of the disk on flea bay along with a cheap o projector. Add a shower curtain and boom! Instant virtual Santa for cheap. No need to over think it.

If I remember correctly its the projector. One is 1200 lumens and the other is 1800.

Buy a cheap second hand/cheap new projector, and either a dvd player with loop function or even better a digital video player, but they often only have HDMI now, but your projector will most likely have VGA.

By buying the mains parts seperatly you save a huge amount of money.

Purchased the DVD then purchased a 2000L " Galaxy" off Ebay  for about $200 and a mylar background...Synced some music with Audacity..

Edited by ezimnow

That is a really nice projector, but a bit over kill. You can get away with one around the $100 mark, but if you can afford it, I would get that one.

• Like 1