Light-O-Rama Forums

What is the shortest time allowed

Guest guest

Since I do not have a LOR controller yet it is kinda tough to know how the lights will react. What is the shortest time one should trigger the lights and still be reliable and have good intensity.

Is .05 asking too much? how about .10?

Eric R wrote:

Since I do not have a LOR controller yet it is kinda tough to know how the lights will react. What is the shortest time one should trigger the lights and still be reliable and have good intensity.

Is .05 asking too much? how about .10?

About .02 seconds is as short as you may want to go. You can go to .01 seconds but then you run into problems because the AC at your house turns the lights off 120 times a second. LOR has to turn them back on but if you are turning the lights on and off 100 times a second there are times when it just will miss because the AC will turn them off immediatly... LOR can send out over 20 light commands every 1/100th of a second. Each of those commands can change the state of 16 channels. So every 1/100th of a second we can change the state of 320 channels.

I tend to do most of my sequencing at .05. I have no clue why. Probably because I like 1/10 second, but if I suddenly want to do something faster without having to nake a new sequence/add in events to the current one, I have it built in already.