Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Ribbon and Dumb Ribbon - GLUEING TO ITEMS

clarkg

Does anyone know a good glue that will stick to the back of CCRs or the Dumb pixel strip?  I'm trying to glue this to some PVC and nothing seems to be holding it.  Gorilla Glue, Plastic based Glue, Loctite Super Glue.... none have worked.

I'm currently experimenting on how to attach silicon tubed RGB strips, to corrugated plastic.

Had some 3M double siced foam tape but it said for "indoor" used.  

So last fast, attached a small strip piece to the  corrugated plastic and nailed it to a tree over the winter/spring.  Just checked and still stuck tight after a MN winter.

Next up, I'm going to try some Silicon II type caulk to see if it stickss to both surfaces or possibably just peels off.

I'm attached 4 parallel strips to lengths of 8" wide corrugated plastic so zip ties are not an option unless I poke a lot of holes into the plastics for the ties.

Have also thought about the "u" shaped bracket that you screw/rival to your backing.

I've attached them with Silicone 2 and 3 to aluminum channel stock with some ok results. It does hold but its not super strong. The silicone is for outdoor usage.

I've had excellent results gluing ribbons inside vinyl j-channel (which I cut down to c-channel) using DAP Kwik Seal Kitchen & Bath Adhesive Caulk. It comes in a squeeze tube and is waterproof.

I have used clear shrink tube every few inches on strips  - avoid zip ties cutting in the outer covering.

I really like this idea.  I've been looking for a non-glue, non-zip tie option.  

Which product are you using for the heat shrink?