Light-O-Rama Forums

Could this be our Christmas Song this year?

caniac

Chet,

Thanks for sharing.

So awesome that grade schoolers can do such a wonderful job with a Zeppelin piece!!!

I can see the lights dancing now...

Is it just me or are those links all the same song?  :P

Cool project.  Kids need more things like that to get them off the street and into accomplishing something good. 

Lousy display song, though.  But thanks for sharing.

I agree George, very impressive for their age. But I don't see it for my display, I am more into traditional Christmas songs. Although this year I am considering some other than traditional songs, but not Zeppelin. More like popular songs with the teens to get them dancing out there.

It is nice, but not quite Wizards in Winter.

Would be hard to sequence, and it is badly recorded as well.

Is it just me or are those links all the same song?  :P

Cool project.  Kids need more things like that to get them off the street and into accomplishing something good. 

Lousy display song, though.  But thanks for sharing.

it was late, i am old, 'nuff said!! :P

idk, the more I listen to that the more I can see it working.  I always try to put one or two non-traditional tunes in my show.  Couple years back it was Ten Years Gone by Led Zepplin.  Had sequenced it but was apprehensive about adding it.  Added it and took my lawn chair across the road to watch, glad I added it.  George is the master of making non-traditional music Christmas music.

HBO did a documentary  a few years back on the Louisville Leopards...pretty cool story.

One of their best songs  IMO is the old Benny Goodmen Sing Sing with the drum solo...it did rock.

... George is the master of making non-traditional music Christmas music.

Thanks Chet, but I doubt that Another Brick in the Wall, Witch Doctor, and/or Sail Along Silvery Moon will ever be mistaken for Christmas music. ;)

Having said that, what I do is Christmas lights synchronized to music - not lights synchronized to Christmas music.  There's a difference.  I think over the course of my seven seasons there's only been two or three people who've mentioned they don't like my approach.  No doubt there's been more, but the people waiting in line for a parking/viewing spot definitely appreciate those who drive off, regardless of what motivates them to do so.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1