Light-O-Rama Forums

Rain creating havoc

joneslights

Well, we are sitting under a rain storm that looks like it is going to stick around for a few days. I am currently NOT running shows because GFI's keep blowing.

What does everyone else to to keep this problem down to a minimum?

I have some mini trees that sometimes will work and sometimes not. (next year I am thinking of enclosing them in plexiglass (cords and all). I also have some other channels that don't want to stay on in the rain/snow/sunshine, ok just kidding about the sunshine, but....

Currently I have only the offending channels and all the minis off and I have HU with all lights on. Hey, I put all this time into putting lights out I AM GOING to shine them.

Same happens to me, we had some rain and the show kept tripping my gfi.

The previous day, I went around making sure all my plugs are taped, and off the ground at least a half inch. What a nightmare, and I only have 16 channels, and im complaining.

So when my gfi blew, I decided to test each channel, nothing blew, channels 1-16 on, no problems, then I can turn on all the channels fine, by fading them on, if I try to go form off to on, then it trips. So I figured my gfc was being oversensitive, so I unplugged the gfc and plugged it in right to the wall (I have a removable gfc) I was stumped as to why it would not trip with only one channel on at a time.

The next dry day I put my gfi back and no problems, so its the rain for sure causing the problem.

My show only takes 10 amps max, 2200 mini lights and 25 c9's - so I cant possibly be overloading it.