Light-O-Rama Forums

Can Intel core M processor run LOR S4

wmilkie

DevMike or anyone have an idea whether  laptops running the core M processor, are powerful/compatible  enough to sequence with S4.

Not including the Visualizer

While I don't have first hand proof I would think its ok. I still have and old centrino processor running S3 and my show. I have also used it for sequencing. New core M should be an improvement on that old dog

• 2 weeks later...

I use a crappy 6 yr old Celeron and its always done the job just fine.....if you move into heavy pixels with thousands of channels, maybe not so much so....

I built a P1 processor based machine back in like 2004, which works just fine and very fast, although I built it with high-end components. I recently purchased from amaz. a refurbished formal hp workstation with a xeon processor, upgraded the ram to 32gb and a backup HD in it. It came with Win7. Totally fast enough without question for a a small price.

If you are considering a system that uses built-in graphics (not a separate graphics card), then I would consider the list at the following url to be a reasonable ranking. The more lights you have - the closer you want to be to the top of the list.

http://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/cpu_benchmark-cinebench_r11.5_igpu_opengl-3

Matt

As a point of reference, I have system that rates about a "13" on that list and the Pixel Editor can simulate about 20,000 pixels on it without skipping a frame.