Light-O-Rama Forums

I'm doing something wrong: CCR Draw Wizard

jstorms

Summary: I get errors when configuring a CCP with 2 50 count strings.

Using: LOR Visualizer v4.0.14 Pro

Dell Latitude E6530 laptop running Windows 8.1

I have a fixture that has a CCP with 100 bulbs, 50 per string.

From Help I learn that "CCR Draw Wizard" is for any Cosmic Color device so I add the first string starting at pixel 1 using Unit ID 0xC. 

When I add the 2nd string, also on Unit ID 0x0C (12) it does not allow me to specify the first pixel as 51. The maximum shown is 50.

I configure both strings with a resolution of '50', which is the maximum.

String 1 Configuration

16680768924_3b08e2f4a2_o_d.png

String 2: Configuration

17095680257_cb19d0fac4_o_d.png

When I then try to play the visualizer I get an error.

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.

16680666494_7a4ed6e51e_o_d.png

If I go back and configure string two to start at pixel 1, I get the following:

There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.

17301371332_73ba4614c1_o_d.png

Looks like the "Fixture Properties" dialog, under "Cosmic Color Ribbon", should allow "Physical Starting Pixel Number" values to be higher than 50.

>> CCP/CCBs need to be run in dual normal mode

I'm not seeing anything that says dual normal mode.

When I go to the link I see, is this what you are referring to?

Master/Slave CCR/CCB (split CCR/CCB)

This is the recommended method.  Using this method, two or more fixtures represent a single physical CCR/CCB.  This allows you to group consecutive like-pixels together for easier editing.  The CCR/CCB with physical pixel #1 is considered the "master".  To create "slaves", specify a physical pixel number greater than 1 with the same Network and Base Unit ID as the master.  You cannot specify a unit ID mode, channel mode, or resolution on slave CCRs/CCBs.

Running with this I configure the first string to be on Base Unit ID of 0C, Starting with Pixel 1

Then I configure the 2nd string to be on Base Unite ID of 0C starting with Pixel 2.

When I hit play I get:

16681389084_74a1c1a31d_o_d.png

>> Each string has it's own unit ID.  String 1 = uid, string 2 = uid + 1.

Coming back to the 2nd part of your statement.

Does this mean that off of my CCP (which is configured currently with a Unit ID of 0x0C) that it would be 0x0C for the first string, then 0x0D for the second string? If so then do I need to move my input pup that is currently on 0x0D to a new unit ID and then readdress the 2nd set of 50 pixels to be 0x0D?

Thanks Mike, I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

To clarify:

So first I need to go into the hardware utility and configure my CCP's "Unit ID Mode" as "Dual Normal".

Then if I have it configured as 0x0C then it is really 0x0C & 0x0D. 

I keep "Ribbon/String Parameters" at 50 pixels, and set "Num of end-to-end connected CCBs/CCRs" to be "1" instead of "2"

Then I move my 0x0D device to a new UNIT ID.

Then in my channel configuration I move my 0x0C 2nd string pixels to 0x0D. (time to break out that PERL script again)