Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel controller

ezimnow

I am planning on making 3 pixel Arch's using 3 strings of 12V WS2811 square nodes. What is the best controller to use for this application?

I already have a j12R but want to use something on a smaller scale..What are you guys using?

Thanks in advance

EZ

Edited by ezimnow

Personally I like the sandevices, you can get an E6804 kit for $60, if you can solder. And the setup is web interface which I find very easy. If 5 people answer you might get 5 different answers, there's lots of options out there

• Like 1

That's what is so confusing. I'd like to keep the cost down and yes I can solder...Thanks for the input.

Here's another way, although, the cost is a bit more. Diyledexpress.com has an E1.31 to DMX bridge that acts as 6 DMX dongles. Add to that the pixel extenders that they also sell and you've got a lot of pixel control. The bridge goes for about $80 for the kit, compared to $40 - $60 for a dongle. The extenders are about $14 if memory serves. I have read that a 12 x 50 pixel tree was ran from one of these. The extenders are about half of the size of a credit card. I plan on running 4 arches of 25 pixels each with one of these. I ran 3 extenders last year and had zero issues. Neat little board.

Just another option.

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 1