Light-O-Rama Forums

Leaping arches

Wychristmaslights

I'm using 1-1/4 inner with 7, 1-1/2 sleeves 47" long. Gives a nice 18' arch about 8' tall. I'm building basically a carport out pvc pipe to make it all solid

Next year, I plan on using a pixcon16 that I got during the summer sale to create new leaping arches. I haven't decided where to use pixel nodes or strips. I know this is a loaded question, but what would be the best and most versatile way to go? Pixel nodes or Strips.

Thanks

I went with strips, very easy to make. 10 foot PVC pipe curved into a nice arch, zip tied pixel strips to the bottom edge and covered with white split wire loom. I was going for a more diffused look and the wire loom works well as it hangs over them

Next year, I plan on using a pixcon16 that I got during the summer sale to create new leaping arches. I haven't decided where to use pixel nodes or strips. I know this is a loaded question, but what would be the best and most versatile way to go? Pixel nodes or Strips.

Thanks 

My arches are using CCPs - 50 pixels per arch. The arches are 10 foot pieces of 3/4 inch PEX with the pixels illuminating the inside of the pipe. Looks really cool IMHO. You can go to my website and click the link for the arches to see them and how they're made.

BTW, don't illuminate the inside of PVC - it color shifts the light very badly.