Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 Pixel Limit & LOR

Darryl Lambert

Does anyone know what the theoretical limit is for the maximum number of pixels that LOR can run on E1.31?

I'm playing around with the idea of adding ALOT of pixels ( 25000 ) & would like to know if this might too much for E1.31 or LOR. I would be adding them to my current configuration which already has 11800 channels on E1.31

Does anyone know what the theoretical limit is for the maximum number of pixels that LOR can run on E1.31?

I'm playing around with the idea of adding ALOT of pixels ( 25000 ) & would like to know if this might too much for E1.31 or LOR. I would be adding them to my current configuration which already has 11800 channels on E1.31

I get annoyed with 2 pixels that stay on white all the time on eight - 50 count pixel strings. I wonder how annoying it might be if you get 15 or so that stay on white out of those 25,000. 

Theoretically, LOR is supposed to handle 999 Universes. That's almost 170K pixels, or almost 510K channels. In reality, I have no idea. I know there are several folks that have ran 5K+ with very little problems in S3. This year with S4, who knows yet. This might be a question directed to LOR.

As far as the 2 pixels staying on white, cut out the first one that's white, as well as the one before and replace them with 2 known, good, pixels. You most likely have a bad pixel and it's usually the one before the first one acting up.

• Like 1

This year I am running little over 32,000 channels and so far the software and visualizer are playing well but I have not output to the lights yet. I see a very bright display coming this year.

I agree with Ron to remove the one before and the one messing up. Once in a great moon you will get lucky and only change one of them to get it back working. Its not worth the time to cut and redo them again.