Light-O-Rama Forums

How many shows

Wychristmaslights

Trying to get a plan put together for this years show. How many of you run 2-3 different shows? Was thinking about either alternating days or switching to a different show half way thru the night

I run 3 Separate shows on a rotation each are approx. 30 min long and I also do a soldier's salute every night at 8:30 to 9:00 

My shows run about 20 minutes. Had enough songs to do 3 different shows and I rotated them nightly

Same here. Run 3 - 20 minute shows on the hour, with a static display between shows. Probably limits the number of "drive by" visitors, but avoids angry neighbors.

about 35 minutes, on a loop, 4 hours a night, longer on weekends.

I also run a show at 6-7 am. When I work nights and come home in the morning I have a nice greeting. I am usually the only one watching at that hour on the weekends. But during the week, there is a middle school bus stop down the street and they like watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Run 8 different shows, 45 mins each, each with different themes rotating nightly

I think Im going to aim for 2 shows, one for the week days and one for the weekends. Im aiming right now for a 35-45 min loop on the show, with breaks in between and have been checking out the Demented Elf's website for possibly throwing in some voice over breaks

3 separate  shows on 3 separate SD cards (I run mine from a Lor mp3 player (Gen 3 player the last few years)

Typically I have a 3-4 song show that runs every X minutes. In some cases I'll have multiple of these clusters but there's always a gap to let audiences shift through.

My favorite show is a storyline-based show that lasts 17 minutes and runs every half hour. But for that people have to get out of their cars so it's more reasonable to have a gap for audience shift.

Same show every night.  For 2014 there were six songs and it took just over 20 minutes including one announcement.  I expect to have several more songs for 2015, but still planning on one show.  Show ran from 5:00 until 10:00 Monday through Thursday and until 11:00 on the weekend.  Speakers in the yard shut off at 9:00 PM.

2014 was my first year with a musical show (third with a show), so traffic was not a problem at all - only a couple times were there more than one car out front.