Light-O-Rama Forums

Renaming Networks

Since I've added new 4 CCP's to 2 props, I am trying to split the channel load between multiple networks. I will soon have a total of 3 Hi-Speed network adapters for all my CCR's and CCP's and then the CTB16PC and the CMB24D RGB DC Controller will run on the Regular Network.

Currently this is how it is setup

3 CCR's and 1 CCP, 1 CTB16PC, and 1 CMB24D RGB DC Controller on Regular Network (minus the CCP this has worked fine until now)
3 CCP's on AUX A Network

What I would like to do is split them like this;

1 CTB16PC, and 1 CMB24D RGB DC Controller on Regular Network 40 channels
2 CCP's on Aux A - 600 channels
3 CCR's on AUX B - 450 Channels
2 CCP's on Aux C - 600 Channels

I want to do this for future expansion. Had I known what I do now about, networks I would have done it differently from the start.

In another post, it was asked about Renaming Channels In Bulk. One of the answers was to do a search and replace. I have a similar issue, only I want to change my 3 CCR's to a Aux B network instead of the original "Regular LOR" network. It appears the search and replace would accomplish this however I have questions regarding "Aux Network" names and Sequences already done in Superstar.

These examples are from the "Real" .lee Visualization file.

In the first example below, the "CCR Network="0" tells me it's the "Regular Network". I know this is the case because that CCR prop is currently on the "Regular Network".

<DrawObject ID="13" Name="star leg 1 id14 - CCR 1" BulbSize="3" BulbSpacing="1" Comment="" BulbShape="11" ZOrder="1" AssignedItem="5" Locked="False" Fixture_Type="4" Channel_Type="2" Max_Opacity="0" LED="True">
            <Sample Background_Color="0" RGB_R="0" RGB_G="0" RGB_B="0"/>
            <CCR Network="0" Base_Unit="20" Unit_Mode="0" Channel_Mode="0" Resolution="0" Physical_Pixel_Number="1"/>

n the second example the network "CCR Network="1" tells me it's on the "AUX A" network. Again I know this because the CCP prop is currently on the "AUX A" network.

<DrawObject ID="11" Name="leg13a" BulbSize="2" BulbSpacing="1" Comment="" BulbShape="11" ZOrder="1" AssignedItem="5" Locked="False" Fixture_Type="4" Channel_Type="2" Max_Opacity="0" LED="True">
            <Sample Background_Color="0" RGB_R="0" RGB_G="0" RGB_B="0"/>
            <CCR Network="1" Base_Unit="19" Unit_Mode="0" Channel_Mode="0" Resolution="0" Physical_Pixel_Number="1"/>

Would I be correct to assume that the numbering system of networks would follow this pattern ie, Regular=0, Aux A=1, Aux B=2, Aux C=3, etc. ?

In Superstar I sequence my CCR's seperatley from the CCP's, so I have a file called SONG_Circles.sup (the CCR's are circles) saved with Superstar. If I were to change the Network numbers in the Real and Row Visualization files, and the SONG_Circles.sup files then export to Sequence Editor, I should be able to copy and paste the exported SONG_Circles.LMS files into a new Sequence in Sequence Editor correct?

What I am trying to avoid is having to start over all my songs redoing them in Superstar because the Network changed for the CCR's. Is there an easier way and not lose what I already sequenced in Superstar?

TIA

Alan...

After a little experimenting, this was very do-able. I was able to split all my CCR's and CCP's to multiple networks. I then was able to change an already finished Superstar file and rename the networks in that also, export it to Sequence Editor and the Networks changed accordingly. I now have to make the same changes in my whole yard Visualization file and all is good.

To anyone who might try this, work from backups in case of a mistake.

Would I be correct to assume that the numbering system of networks would follow this pattern ie, Regular=0, Aux A=1, Aux B=2, Aux C=3, etc. ?

This would appear so.