Light-O-Rama Forums

Can someone look at my channel configuration file?

kzaas

When I try to load my channel configuration file as a reference for visualizer I get an error that I have over twenty thousand channels and over ten thousand references. can someone look at my channel configuration file to see what I might have wrong. I can send you the channel config and a sequence that it has been used in if that will help.

Hi Kzaas,

Nice display. Would it help if you deleted all the items that are always on or not in use anymore and did a save as? Or maybe break the lights down into sections.

I was wondering if you had double ups in your configuration, maybe because of multiple tracks. Not sure if that would do it? I drew my visualization by hand and added the tracks manually. I would leave out the singing faces etc. Also you could use a separate visualisation for any mega trees and or matrix, as you probably want to sequence those separately anyway.

When all else fails I go back over the manual. Maybe S4 has less limitations

The Light-O-Rama Visualizer imposes the following limits on your visualizations:

Editor

· Maximum size of a simulation: 2500x2500 pixels. However, it may be further limited based on your computer's specifications.

· Total number of fixtures: 1024

· Total number of props: 512

· Maximum number of bulbs/vertices per fixture: 256 (depending on Fixture Type)

· Maximum number of loaded channel references: 10,000 normal plus 10,000 RGB

Simulation

· Maximum number of virtual channels: Unlimited, but only the first 255 will be simulated.

· Maximum number of fixtures per channel: Unlimited, but only the first 16 fixtures will be simulated.

· Cosmic Color and DMX Pixel Fixtures: Only 1 CCD fixture per Network/Unit or 1 DMX Pixel fixture per Universe - No duplicates.

· Device types and unit IDs: This depends upon your license's feature level. Please refer to the feature comparison chart to check whether your device type or unit ID is supported by your feature level. Note: The demo version of the Visualizer counts as Basic with respect to this.

Edited by bbayjohn

My apologies I did not give all of the information, I am using version 4.08( I will update my profile) and the big thing I only have around 14,400 channels so why does it think I have more. I do have multiple tracks but isn't LOR software smart enough to know about channel duplications. I have four tracks; Master track which is 12 LOR AC controllers and 24 channels of Digital I/O, Track 2 is RGB master track that is All the RGB lights including two CCR's, Track three is a group track which is a mixture of track one and track two and are duplicates of the first two tracks and finally a working track with no channels assignments, it is mainly used for copy and paste functions