Light-O-Rama Forums

Spiral tree

ericm

Does anyone have a good way to do a spiral tree in view animation in the sequence editor?  I can't seem to get one to look anything like it.

Yeah but that's for the visualizer and from what I've read that can't be imported into the sequence editor animation , I don't have super star so I can't do it that way

Yeah but that's for the visualizer and from what I've read that can't be imported into the sequence editor animation , I don't have super star so I can't do it that way

So sorry, you did say animation and I read right over that.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the animation. I never learned it.

Using the Visualizer has nothing to do with whether you sequence in SS or in the Sequence Editor.

Using the Visualizer has nothing to do with whether you sequence in SS or in the Sequence Editor.

So how do I get what I've done in the visualizer into sequence editor on the animation screen, I've search the forum and I thought I read that it could not be imported over that way?

Then you ARE using the Visualizer? Somehow I must have misunderstood something also.

Yes, you're correct in that the Visualizer and Animation have absolutely nothing in common as far as portng from one to the other.

The Visualizer is definitely the way to go for spiral trees. Don't get me wrong - the Animation is a fine tool and I still use it myself for some things. But for spiral trees - no. You're already using the superior tool.

I started using the visualizer and when I did a bunch of props and then tried to get them over to the sequence editor found out I couldn't. Or I thought so. So I stopped using it. I don't use super star because of the extra fee. so am I stuck having to draw in the animation all my channels and look crappy , or is there a way to get the prop into the animation in sequence editor? Or do I need to bite the bullet and purchase the super star? If so which level I have 112 channels on PC controllers...

I'm still not understanding why you'd rather use the Animation over the Visualizer? Or what Super Star has to do with anything? There's no extra cost to use the Visualizer.

The Visualizer and the Sequence Editor work together just fine providing you've correctly assigned the prop's channels in the Visualizer to exactly what they are in the Sequence Editor.

Edited by George Simmons

Ok so with the visualizer I've made all my props and placed all my lights and everything, assigned my channels for the strings, when I'm in editor how do I see my show then in visualizer? guess that's the issue I'm having. BTW thanks for your help on this!

Ok I guess with a little reading in the tutorials you can actually figure stuff out, just read through it and figured it out. Sorry for been a stereotypical newbie and not reading before asking thanks for all the help guys

I created a spiral tree using both RGB Studio and the visualizer. It took some time but I was able to accomplish it. Basically, since this is an AC Led tree, single strings, I had to create each string, one at a time, store it, then move the rotation angle the several degrees, copy and store again. Then again and again, till the entire circumference was completed. Then did it all over in the reverse direction because I was doing 16 spiraled CW and 16 CWW. Once in the visualizer, I imported each string, one at the time, aligning the top led of each string, on top of each other. Once they were all in there, assign channels.

I created a spiral tree using both RGB Studio and the visualizer. It took some time but I was able to accomplish it. Basically, since this is an AC Led tree, single strings, I had to create each string, one at a time, store it, then move the rotation angle the several degrees, copy and store again. Then again and again, till the entire circumference was completed. Then did it all over in the reverse direction because I was doing 16 spiraled CW and 16 CWW. Once in the visualizer, I imported each string, one at the time, aligning the top led of each string, on top of each other. Once they were all in there, assign channels.

Obviously it was successful, but that's sure doing it the hard way.

There's a handy app someone wrote a few years ago (perhaps a member with a better memory or filing system can post the link) specifically for creating spiral trees. I think it took about two minutes to do the whole thing.

I've got spiral tree props I can share for either a 12 or 16 channel single color tree.

Got the webber tree one but it only allowed for 1 color and mine is 3, I had to make 3 of them and place them exactly on top of each other,

Got the webber tree one but it only allowed for 1 color and mine is 3, I had to make 3 of them and place them exactly on top of each other,

You should be able to assign the string on the prop with 3 different channels and colors. In the Box where is says for example

Spiral 1 / color / unit / channel

Click on the next row down and you can assign another color and channel