Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT Plugs

MikeERWNC

www.noveltylights.com

I was able to get them here. 

.536 per plug after shipping.

I called Home Depot and I was told that they will not be restocking them...

If you have a Gold Membership they are fairly cheap....at most places...without the Membership its a costly adventure

(couldn't help it )

Edited by ezimnow

I was just upgraded to Platinum. I was told I had to wait until the summer sale to get an additional 50% off and I can place my order up to one hour in advance.

I recommend that everyone strive to become a Platinum member with LOR.

I found it a lot cheaper to get extension cords from discount stores like the dollar store, 99 cent store, garage sales, yard sales etc. usually for about 1 dollar each and cut them and splice... I got like 20 15 ft. cords just last week at the Dollar store for 99 cents each.... hence... 30 ft ext cord costs me  2 bucks.. 

Get some shrink tube at harbor freight... while watch a movie sit there and splice some cords together..

I found 4 50 ft three pron ext cords at a yard/ garage sale.... total cost 10 bucks for all 4.... If is stop at a yard/garage sale ask.... do you have any extension cords/ Christmas decorations etc.... many people will go dig out a box of things they wasn't thinking about saling..

a lot cheaper then buying vampire plugs and then having to add shipping etc. on top of the costs of them.  the Dollar store will usually also order a full case of cords for you if you want them to but you got to be there when the manager is there and is in a good mood to do it.

I hope your splicing includes the word "solder".

I can't argue with someone looking for the lowest cost of doing things. In most ways I'm like that myself. But there's something so liberating when you need a seventeen foot long cord and you just go in the garage and make one.

the Dollar store will usually also order a full case of cords for you if you want them to but you got to be there when the manager is there and is in a good mood to do it.

if you get the product # you can call there 1-800 number and they will ship a case to the store with your name on it.

Edited by MCas4380

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was locked