Light-O-Rama Forums

Text and numbers on matrix from other sources

EmmienLightFan

Is it possible to get text from a computer onto my matrix (Scrolling), and have a simple program that I can type things into and it will come up on the screen?

Could also be used for more interactive things and a lot more.

Not possible to do real time with LOR software.    There are plenty of ways to do text, but all of them are compiled first along with all of your other lighting commands.   LOR plays pre-prepared sequences only.

Matt Johnson has a system so people can text and it comes up. This is done with a Rapsberry Pi. He doesn't explain exactly how the text is mapped onto pixels though.

I did a Bing search for "Matt Johnson Rapsberry Pi lor"

and one of the links came back as

Welcome to the Johnson Family Light Show!!!

johnsonlightshow.com

This Dubstep themed light show from San Antonio, ... my entire show is ran from a Raspberry Pi. ... Matt Johnson. Matt’s passion has ..

Note the "my entire show is ran from a Raspberry Pi"

The link was unavailable when I tried to go there. Maybe try again later and it may contain what you are looking for. As ItsMeBobO says "Not possible to do real time with LOR software"

Alan...

I have a Raspberry Pi. If the code on its own ran, it could control an E1.31 controller, in a gap where the PC isn't controlling it. E1.31 allows multiple computers to control it, which is handy.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading more it seems only one PC can control an E1.31 controller at a time.